New listings notification for travelers?

Jean107
Level 4
New York, NY

New listings notification for travelers?

Hi,

Is there a feature that notifies you of new listings that meet your search criteria as a traveler? I started a wish list for an upcoming trip but would like a way to be notified of new listings for a specific city.

37 Replies 37
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jean107

Nice idea - but no..

how do i send a suggest a feature to airbnb then?

The site makes it difficult to send feedback.

I've been googling and wanting this for about a year now. Also, to sort results by newly listed or filter out the listings you have already seen. It can be frustrating seeing the same ones over and over again. If you figure out how to suggest this to airbnb, let me know...I will second it. 🙂

Actually now you can check out Alertstays which helps with this

I tried it too for a trip with a friend in Malta. It was perfect!

Pamela158
Level 1
Abbotsford, Canada

As a first time user, when researching for Airbnb sites at the destination I was interested in visiting I came across a property that was perfect for our needs. I booked and paid for an 8 night stay but on arrival discovered the property was on a different island accessible by air or ferry only but none with return times coinciding with my flights home. I would like to know if other travellers have experienced a similar situation or if Airbnb merely misrepresented the property's location? We ended up cancelling our reservation but will get nothing back and had to rebook into other accommodations. A mistake that has cost almost $1600. Not happy that this property showed up when I clearly entered the location I was seeking. 

My suggestion for all travellers is to make darn good and sure that Airbnb's listings coincide with the location you have entered.

Out of pocket traveller, Pam

As far as I know, regardless of the canceling rules of the host, if you arrive there and something is different from what was listed you can still cancel and be refunded during the first 24h of your reservation period.
Because you get to discover the real address of the location and host contacts only after you confirm (and pay), in case that doesn't match the lapproximate location on the AirBnB map, I think you can contact AirBnB and report the user and they will refund your reservation.

Christine912
Level 3
Houston, TX

Would love a feature like this. I am trying to book a place in a month but many of the listings are booked already. It's a pain to scroll through the same badly reviewed homes that I don't want every other day. 

That or they are poorly designed or over priced for what they have to offer.

Mark479
Level 2
Austin, TX

I would so love a feature like this.

James1042
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

We have been using Air B and B for over a year now in various locations around the world. One of our nice to haves would be this search. 

Also would be good to have a clearing style screen that allowed travellers to post a wanted ad and then hosts could match.  Far to many times I see good flats go empty just because the owner wants too much money for it.

sorry no solution but strength in numbers.  Come on A B and B, simplify the platform and take it to the next level.

Hi James

That is actually quite a good idea, which I can see advantages in for both sides.  I travel using Airbnb and I host on Airbnb.  However, I must point out the hoster's side, it is incredibly difficult to manage a listing or listings, as far as prices are concerned.  I also know a lot of hosts don't want to let out their properties for less than a fixed price as it does involve quite a lot of preparation work, especially if you have 1 or 2 day lets all the time.   It would also lead to a lot of last-minute bookings, which if you do meet and greet instead of self check-in and out,  could be a logistical nightmare.  

Travellers  always have the opportunity to ask a host if they would consider dropping the price for a last minute let if you are really interested in the property.  Hosts have the option to make a special offer, so all you need to do is enquire, rather than book straight away.  I did this for a 5 week booking when I went to Istanbul.  It worked fine, I got my reduction for the longer stay. So in a way the sytem is there, just the onus of the work is on the traveller and not on the host.  Try it, I'm sure if you offer a sensible price a host won't decline if it's a last minute booking. 😉

Keep it censored is not the solution IMO. I feel it is the host job to adapt and change.  I'm a fellow super host.  And I believe it is important to as much business for the hosts.  And I know personally I would use it a ton waiting for innovating airbnb's to pop up.  They are gonna go up either way and some people are patiently waiting and not gonna book others regardless. I do understand the host side and how some airbnb's are just barely holding on and staying comfortable.  I didn't take profits for two years on my first airbnb,  Added a pool, bathrooms, etc.  Upgrading airbnb's is a crucial aspect. 

I think at the end of the day it's more business from the consumer.