New rules in Argentina have made hosting at home no profitable

Silvia536
Level 6
CABA, Argentina

New rules in Argentina have made hosting at home no profitable

I see a big problem in Argentina to continue hosting at home.Apart from Covid, the new  policy in Buenos Aires makes us hosts register in a special register.This is the first step to tax our incomes.

Besides, in my case,I share my place,where I live too and since I'm retired the government grants my utilities,I pay less for them.When they get to know Im a host,they will charge 100% of my utilities and this means paying a lot more.I have experienced a lack of care about how much electricity and gas is consumed by guests. Perhaps when I decide to travel I might consider renting my whole apart.but as long as guests pay the electricity and gas they consume

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

It's normal for people to have to pay tax on their income whether you are self-employed or it comes from running a business renting rooms in your home @Silvia536 

it's also fair enough for your government not to subsidise your utilities if they know you are getting income from renting .

It's worth looking at what your additional utilities are from having guests and building that into your day rates @Silvia536