New search rules ….. weekend /week/month

Rube465
Level 2
Minneapolis, MN

New search rules ….. weekend /week/month

I have a 3 day minimum rental due to cleaning costs for a 4 bedroom … 2 bath lake home with pontoon included.  After receiving calls from past guests stating they can’t find my listing …. I found out that when searching under ‘Weekend’ my listing doesn’t show up as I require more than 2 night rental.  
Maybe it would make more sense to have…..  less than a week / week / month ….. search options.  
Almost all my guests are looking for a long weekend at the lake …… and they have to search by week to even see my listing.  

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Rube465 

These are additional search options belonging to the "flexibel" feature. A weekend is 2 nights.

Guest can still do a "normal" search and enter the dates they want to book.

What is more concerning are the new "category" options. First It disturbs the search by widening the search area extremely when choosing a category  (as the search results are already shown, the guest may think it will narrow the results to the choosen category, which is not !).

Only by choosing category "all homes" brings back the original results in the initial search area.

And secondly: hosts do not have control about the "categorizing" of their listing. Which will lead to even more chaos.

Change it so a weekend is less than a week …… most people now have at least a 3 day weekend now ….. and what if you don’t know your dates but just want to see what’s available before you decide ?  We are forcing guests to know the fine technicalities of Airbnb to make it work for them !!!!!

thanks for your help