New to Hosting - Please Help !

Sarah10
Level 1
Dolphin Coast, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa

New to Hosting - Please Help !

I am new to hosting . I put a listing on but had'nt entered my payment method or put in the security deposit yet, I accepted a booking then only edited my profile and added my payment method etc, how do i know if the guest has paid a deposit ? The guest is asking for an adress etc but how can i be certain if they will pay ?

5 Replies 5
Claude0
Level 10
Bormes-les-Mimosas, France

hi sarah,

Not to worry, if the reservation has been accepted by Airbnb, you will be paid without problem.

Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

Welcome, Sarah. You'll definitely want to spend some time reviewing all the information in the Help and Hospitality areas, as you'll find details on this and other important things you need to know as a host. Guests need to provide a credit card at time of reservation, so you will not receive any confirmed bookings unless they have already paid.

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Relax, Sarah.  When the guest has a confirmed reservation, Airbnb will charge their credit card account and will pay it out to you approximately 24 hours after checkin.  Airbnb won't allow someone to book if they don't have enough funds in their account.  As for security deposits, Airbnb places a "hold", not a charge, on the guest's credit card in the event there is damage.  You have to go through Airbnb to collect money for damages and you have to make a demand within 48 hours of check out.  The guest does not pay a security deposit to you outside of these procedures. 

You should set up a payout preference right away if you haven't already done so. 

Also, the address of the property and your phone number will be revealed to the guest when a reservation has been accepted. 

Mirjam0
Level 10
Amsterdam, The Netherlands

Hi  Sarah,

You can see if you have a booking in  'Your Reservations'.  If  you have a reservation that is accepted  by you , the guest and Airbnb,  you will see the word Accepted  in green next to the information  of  your guest , A booking is a fact when  the guest has paid Airbnb. You will get paid through Airbnb 24 hours after  the  guest has arrived, see: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/51/how-does-airbnb-process-payments Keep the conversation  throiugh  the  airbnb site, Never exchange   information like addressm tel nr or email address iif  yu  are not sure  that you have an accepted reservation.

You can read a lot  in the HELP  function of the Airbnb site. Have fun  hosting!

Mirjam, Amsterdam