New to airbnb. Please help

New to airbnb. Please help

I am new at airbnb. I started the first two weeks off great with bookings. Once I added a cleaning fee, I haven't gotten any more bookings.  Any suggestions on how to get more bookings for my house?

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Diana1181 

You have 2 listings, one for the entire house and one for 1 room in the house.

The (undiscounted) price for the whole house is USD 85,- , but (undiscounted) price for 1 room is USD 65.,-.. I seems to me the room is overpriced, as also cleaning fee for whole house or just 1 room is the same amount.(USD 25,-)

As the house has 3 bedrooms, you could create a listing for each bedroom.

BTW You can check the amount of views in your statistics and compare with amount of bookings.

Best regards,

Emiel

I actually have each room listed separately.  I just haven’t figured out how to connect them all with the calendar.  Airbnb gave a tip of lower pricing but I thought it was way too low for an entire house 

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Diana1181 Here is some constructive criticism:

-Put the exterior shot of the house at the end, it isn't very attractive.  You might give it some curb appear with shutters and some kind of landscaping shrubs or flowers.  It is probably the least appealing photo of the listing.

-Retake the shot of the smaller bedroom from the other end of the room so you can see the bed.  I would also fully dress the bed w/the two lamps, to make it look more finished, 2 or 4 pillows, fold down the quilt.

-Put the laundry room photo at the end.

-Retake the kitchen shots so the floor isn't wet.  You might also put a bowel of fruit or some kind of accessory that gives it a little color.

-Add towels to the bathroom photo.

-The dining room is the most finished looking room, so I would move that photo up higher to the top 5.

-Consider some inexpensive wall art for the bedrooms.

I agree with @Mark116 except I think a bowl of fruit would be more appealing.  🙂 🙂 🙂

Susan1404
Level 10
Covington, GA

@Diana1181- I took a look at your listings and have to say that you really do need to work on your photos.  Some are very dark, and some are not at the best angle.  The trick with photography is to make photos aesthetically pleasing to the eye and thus, your potential guests.  Also, a little more detailed description with each photo might help too.  I've worked on my photos a handful of times in the last 10 months since I started hosting and finally got the results I was looking for.  I stay pretty well booked, but I am listed on two other platforms aside from Airbnb which helps.