New with many one month stays. Scam?

Michaela273
Level 2
Salt Lake City, UT

New with many one month stays. Scam?

Hello. I am new to Airbnb hosting, have never been a host before but recently listed my condo. Within 48 hours of making the listing live I’ve had 3 requests for month long stays thy are about two months away. Is this normal? The people don’t have reviews and one doesn’t have a profile pic, but when texting with them they seem normal. I don’t know if it’s normal to get this many month long stays the first day but it seems fishy to me and I don’t know if I should feel that way. Does anyone have experience with this? Should I be worried that this seems weird? 

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I don’t it depends on what sorts of people are attracted to stay in your area @Michaela273 .

it could be your local post Covid market is those coming to work? When you did your market research on those with similar properties locally what sort of guests are they attracting by their reviews.

Another scenario is you have set your prices/monthly discount too low and are attracting bargain hunters. 

what sort of guests did you want to target when you set up your listing? 

Personally as a new host I would only accept shorter stays , both so you can get use to STR and so you can get more reviews.  You can set your listing so you have a max stay of a week or two.

You can also set your listing so you only accept guests with a. Verified ID b. Have a profile pic c. Have at least one review.