Newbie host: can’t find listing

Nanda764
Level 2
Winchester, Canada

Newbie host: can’t find listing

Hello there. I’ve recently started hosting and normally I can find my listing when I search, but now it’s not showing (on my mobile), no matter how many dates I try. I have a 2 night minimum, so I’m sure to select that. 

The other issue is that my area can be viewed two ways, under our Township (North Dundas) and our Village (Winchester). How do I ensure that it shows up under both? 

https://www.airbnb.com/h/theloftynestlodgingandevents

4 Replies 4
Nanda764
Level 2
Winchester, Canada

I figured out why my listing didn’t show. But I still need help with the community name question. 

Further to this, when I search under one community name, my price shows as $171. When I search under the other community name, it shows as $157. Why is this and why is my price higher than my set price of $150 on weekends and $115 on weekdays? I do not have smart pricing set. 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Nanda764  Cute place!  You can't ensure how your place shows up in listing searches.  The algorithm isn't strictly based on location.  It appears to also use keywords, local attractions, and all sorts of other things.  My listings are sometimes more likely to appear in searches for towns nearby than for the town it's in.  It doesn't really hurt bookings and guests who need to be there for a wedding or event seem perfectly able to find it.  

Regarding pricing, often new listings come with a discount in place.  Go to Listings -> Pricing to review any discounts, but also go to the Calendar and click through Promotions to the right to see if there are any promotional discounts applied.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Nanda764,

I agree with @Ann72 that your cottage is very adorable.  With regards to the community name, my suggestion would be to revise your listing heading to something like, 

"NEW! Tiny House-North Dundas-30m to Ottawa"

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nanda764 

An easy way to check if your listing is in the search system (gives "no result" if not found) and under which filter options it shows up, is using your personal map page:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=12434282&map_toggle=true