Newly joined host; can't turn on Instant Book. Does not appear in the menu, anyone?

Rune-B0
Level 1
Copenhagen, Denmark

Newly joined host; can't turn on Instant Book. Does not appear in the menu, anyone?

I'm trying to turn on Instant Booking for my flat. I've followed the instructions in the "Help Section" about clicking on the "Instant Book" menu point on my listing - however there is no such item in the menu?!

How to resolve it? Any good advice?

best

Rune

4 Replies 4
Ed-and-Hugh0
Level 10
Miami, FL

You should get a notice when instant book is available. It usually becomes available after a few completed bookings.

I was struggling too with this! Thanks for your reply!

Keith1
Level 10
SF, CA

as @Ed-and-Hugh0 indicated.. IB is only available to hosts/listings once there's a bit of history.

IB is primarily a convenience for guests to make sure that they can feel secure that they have a place to stay and that nothing bad will happen to the reservation.   often new listsings have a higher rate of cancellation or host flakyness so IB has a delay period before you can set it.

if after 10 or so bookings it's not there you may want to contact CX and ask what the criteria is.

last year, about 1/3 of my bookings were from IB, so far this year more than half are ib.  it's fantastic.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Make sure you fully understand the implications of instant book before you use it! It is a minefield of problems and issues for you as a host. At the end of the day, if people are interested in staying in your property they will email and you can respond within 24 hours. You can make a decison based on that communication, why they are coming, what they are doing, how many people are staying, etc.... Be  warned..