Nightly Price Visibility on Calendar!?!?!?!

Answered!
Sylvie180
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Nightly Price Visibility on Calendar!?!?!?!

I still cant mouse over the Calendar to see individual night's prices!

When i talked to Airbnb about it they blamed it on the browser i use. I have all the browsers now and still cant see the prices on the Calendar.

Anyone else have this issue??

1 Best Answer

I can’t see the prices either. It makes it really difficult if I want to quickly see pricing and adjust nights here and there. Just a ridiculous change someone has decided to make. 

View Best Answer in original post

25 Replies 25
Curt16
Level 1
Troy, NC

I can't see them either. 

Sylvie180
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

No one can. They 'fixed' something that wasn't broken. 

Diana447
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

did you put your price in price setting? you need to to do this then view calendar and your nightly price will be visible

I don't think you understand the issue- no matter whos calendar I hover over the prices are not visisble and they used to be up until a few weeks ago. 

What browser are you using that you can see prices? I can't see them on any browser. 

Diana447
Level 2
Queensland, Australia

but if your dates are blocked you wont see it!

Sylvie180
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

I don't think you understand the issue- no matter whoes calendar I hover over the prices are not visisble and they used to be up until a few weeks ago. 

What browser are you using that you can see prices? I can't see them on any browser.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Sylvie180I'm so glad it's not just me! I haven't been on the forum for a year and a half but this drove me to see if someone had complained before me. What I want to know is this: Why bother reducing your prices for stray leftover nights, close to sell-by date if they don't show as hover prices? I do that to encourage guests to fill the dates I want them to fill. Turns out, they can't even see it. This is a bad idea. So bad. Love the hoverprices!

Let's sincerely hope this actually IS a glitch, and when we wake up tomorrow it will all be hovering again.

Exactly! I just HATE what they did. It was the stupidest move. I think I loved that feature the most! It gave you so much flexibility with changing prices last minute but also for myself for travel and booking awesome deals from other hosts. Maybe Airbnb hired some new 'bright' mind that figues this is somehow better?!?!

I wrote to them and texted with them, but they've changed- they havent responded to eamils, and the girl blamed MY BROWSER for this, seriously!

So I blocked the calendar for now, I lost completely my excitement as now I feel stopped with any price adjustements - I cant see what others are priced at either, and I actually could see less bookings but before I was constantly crazy busy, so not sure if I will bother anymore. I rented the house for long term for now.

I think this will make them less $$$ although i think they did this out of greed. HATE IT @Sandra126.  

@Sylvie180, I don't think you need to quit because of it. Things may happen: it could be a glitch, it could be a trial, it could be only for certain areas at the moment, or it could be a decision which stays. Recently we have been sent newsletters with real updates in it which has been amazing and I will wait to see if they mention it with an argument as to why they did it. If they actually DID do it, and it's not a glitch. Let's include @Lizzie! Hi Lizzie (if you get this), do you know if this is real/here to stay/ if so why?

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Sylvie180, @Diana447, @Curt16. I just put up a suggestion on Host Voice to please return the hover prices, please go and give it a thumbs up if you want the suggestion to be noticed.

sorry didnt see that Sandra. Where is Host Voice?

Also, I got them on Twitter, they replied but completely dodging the subject!

They bs-ed me with some polite bs replies, very disapointing.

I will messg CEO, I did the same with VRBO and the answer came quick.

No point in talking to clueless 'customer serivice".

I thought this was a better company than VRBO. So so disapointed, i started renting out long term, less work same $$ with the dropping bookings.

How are you doing Sandra?

I can’t see the prices either. It makes it really difficult if I want to quickly see pricing and adjust nights here and there. Just a ridiculous change someone has decided to make. 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

@Sarah1559, the main problem as I see it is that there is no point in creating teaser prices for dates you prefer to fill, as guests have to enter dates to see price. The hover prices seem to be gone.  It certainly was no improvement. I would like to hear the rationing behind it, maybe it is something which will make me see it that way. For now, I just want them back.

As a host, YOU can see the prices on your own listing in calendar view, but not when switching to travel and you want to see if a host has different prices for different nights as you are flexible in your journey.

Keith88
Level 2
Portland, OR

It is now October 17 2018 and the Calendar is completely broken. As a host it makes it extremely difficult to figure out what in hell is going on. And once someone requests dates I can't even see what I had set that night for. I hate airbnb and it is worse all the time. Website is POS.