No answer

Bilal62
Level 2
Skåne County, Sweden

No answer

Hi 👋 

I started hosting in august this year and it went well. The guest stayed in my place were happy and satisfied. From the beginning of this month suddenly it stopped booking in my place and I send several email  to  customer service to know what is happening but didn’t receive any response. Does anyone know where to contact? Search in my area increased to 96% and I don’t get any booking so there’s something wrong. I imagine that my user is blocked for  booking. 

Regards 

Bilal 

7 Replies 7

@Bilal62  Your listing is still active and findable in Search, so there's no issue that Customer Service can solve for you. But the temporary boost in search results that your listing got due to being new has expired by now, so there's no longer a thumb on the scale to bring you more views. Also, even though your stays to date have been mostly successful, the average rating is still a bit below Airbnb's targets, so you might need to up your game a bit to stay competitive.

Looking at your listing, I can see one reason you're not getting bookings: you haven't written any kind of description of the home. The pictures are OK, but guests renting a room in a shared home also need information about what spaces are shared, how many other people live there, and what kind of interaction they can expect with their host. It would really also help if you had a picture of face and a bit of description in your profile. Ideally you want potential guests to feel excited about the social environment you provide, but also you want solo travelers to trust that you're not a total creep - on both counts, a picture of a street is not a good way to represent your personality.

Hi Andrew! 

Thanks 🙏 for the tips and I did as you recommended. Hope to get back to platform soon 

@Bilal62  Your description still needs work. You start out by saying "Your family" but you have one bedroom for rent for 2 people. So say "You" instead if "Your family". You also have still not described the room you are renting.

The English is not particularly fluent- maybe you know someone who can help you write it up in better English.

And your photo gallery needs work. You have 3 duplicate photos of the bedroom, and none at all of the shared bathroom and  kitchen.

I don't know if one guest gave low raatings which brought your averages down, or few guests are leaving high ratings, but you should try to get your ratings up. 

Your lowest rating is for accuracy, which being clear and comprehensive in your description will help. 

Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Bilal62 

Is it not also simply that it's the end of November and not prime travelling time?

Have a look at the calendars of listings in your locality to see how they are fairing.

Stats like up 96% are useless without context.

Bilal62
Level 2
Skåne County, Sweden

Hi Elena 

thank you for your message. Yes it is the end of November and not the time for travelling but still it should not minimise from 100% to 0% 

@Bilal62  Actually that kind of fluctuation in demand is not all that unusual, especially for shared-home listings. Even before the pandemic, only a small portion of travelers were willing to consider staying in an apartment with a stranger, but the Covid situation has made that prospect far less appealing to most people who can afford a more private accommodation. Now that a new variant is poised to disrupt millions of people's travel plans yet again, it's plausible that you'll see few or no bookings in the coming months. In the longer term, you might find that most of your bookings are concentrated in the months when you can catch the spillover when other options in the area are fully booked. 

Thank you for the answer🙏 Andrew.  Yes if it is me who want to book a place to stay then I will go for the private one instead of a share one. But it depends were we are. In my city it’s not easy to find a private place so mostly you find a share appartment in Airbnb. The rent is high in here.

Example if someone have a 3 rooms appartment so he can rent it out for about 1200-1500 dollars a month. Here’s a huge demand for places to rent