No appropriate Cancellation Policy

Michael834
Level 2
Seattle, WA

No appropriate Cancellation Policy

Hello to all.  Disclosures:  Owner.  NEW to AirBB, first post.  (Have a confirmed res, though!)  Primary tool up to know has been VRBO et al, but as you must know, they are REALLY going to the dark side!

This question, concern is about Cancellation policy.  My home is "higher end" and most bookings happen WAY in advance.  The MODERATE plan would NEVER work as I could not possibly afford the risk of loosing a res only 7 weeks prior.

And the STRICT (maybe I am wrong).  But this only gives 50% back to the quest?  (And that silly 7 days again?).   I don't want to take someones money who cancels well in advance of their planned arrival.

My cancellation for my property has alway been...  100% with 45 days notice, and 50% with 30 days notice. 

Do I have more options to me than the system boilerplate?

1 Reply 1
Scott80
Level 10
Honolulu, HI

No, there are no other options. You'll either have to choose one of the existing cancellation policies or not list with AirBnB.

AirBnB owns a website specifically for high end properties called Luxury Retreats. That site does not publish a cancellation/refund policy so it might be a better fit: http://www.luxuryretreats.com/