No automated checkin sent by Airbnb

John1937
Level 2
Whitley Bay, GB

No automated checkin sent by Airbnb

I’ve raised this issue now four times with Airbnb and have eventually been told that they have been aware of this problem since September 2018!

My guests are not receiving my prepared checkin details (detailed instructions with photographs of the keysafe with entry code) which means I’m frequently contacted by guests when they arrive (I live 45mins from the properties) and then have to talk them through the entry process.
So through no fault of my own my checkin rating is potentially vulnerable because Airbnb can’t deliver the promised 72hr automated notification.

Has anyone else experienced this and how do you ensure guests are adequately informed?

John, 5 properties in Northumberland, UK

3 Replies 3
Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @John1937 , 

If it is possible for you, for my case, i send the direction of my place(house) while i am contacting with my guests. And also, when guests book, bofore check in time by many or some days, Airbnb send me a message that i need to give the guests my house direction. 

Thanks, 

Miloud

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @John1937 

I have had this a few times. I think it is because the guests can't see the instructions (for whatever reason ) rather than they haven't been sent.

When I send my welcome message to guests now I always double check they have received the check in instructions and if they say they haven't I send them manually.

If you go into the app in your phone, you can use the icon at the bottom of the message function to  manually send the self-check in, instructions to the guest. In this way the guest gets the self check in, instructions and you won't have to talk them through self check in on arrival.

Have you thought about using an automated messaging tool?  That's how I send my guest's a check-in message as well as a bunch of other messages.  It's a HUGE time saver and you also don't need to rely on Airbnb's notoriously buggy software.  I use it to send a message after the guest books, thanking them for booking and letting them know I'll message them with check-in instructions 2 days before they arrive.  It then sends then a check-in message with all the key, wifi, parking details.  Then it sends a check-up message at 10am on their first morning and then reminds them about their check out the evening before they leave and then reviews them a day after they've left.  It also sends them a message 10 days after they've checked out asking them for a review if they haven't left one already.  

There are a bunch of automated tools out there and I've used most of them.  They all basically do the same thing but I use https://superhosttools.com.  It's the most reasonably priced and is very reliable.