No bookings for 2 months

Kelly302
Level 1
Byron Bay, Australia

No bookings for 2 months

I've been getting 5-10 reservations a month from Airbnb & suddenly I've had not a single enquiry for over 2 months. I've changed nothing, can still see my listing, have vacancy with a minimum 1 night stay but not a single enquiry. What on earth is going on??? Here's a link to my house...

https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/4786397?adults=1&check_in=2019-11-12&check_out=2019-11-13&source_imp...

3 Replies 3
Pete69
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

I would contact Airbnb to see if there's some sort of software issue that has caused your stay to not appear in searches.

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Kelly302  When I search for your place, using the specific location in an anonymous browser, you are on the fourth page. If I were actually considering a place in AUS, I would be concerned by your cleanliness ratings, the shear number of rules outlined [which I assume are based on previous guests not cleaning enough] and the recent cancelations which are review numbers 5 and 6, on the first page.

Cancelations are a no-go for me. I can't imagine flying halfway across the world only to find that I have no accommodation. Is there any way you can still respond to those with an explanation?

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Susan151  Really? Her written reviews are all really good except for one obvious outlier that she responded to. Many of the reviews say the place was clean and cozy. The cancellations, while I know what you're saying about it being a red flag, were all made at least 6 months in advance of the reservation date and one says it was made about a year and a half out, so I imagine that was some calendar glitch issue. None of the cancellations are anything near last minute.

The not-so high ratings look more to me like she gets the kind of guests who are just loathe to give 5*s- the written reviews seem much better than the ratings, which is a bit odd.