No bookings

Kathy-and-Dave2
Level 2
Winter Haven, FL

No bookings

Hello all. We are super hosts located in Winter haven, FL. Our space is 2 bedroom, 1 bath,  2 living rooms, full kitchen and back patio with grill, wind chimes, fruit trees. 
we have remained book since past April when we came back from a year hiatus. We have great reviews 4.92, but have hit a wall. I only have a few bookings over the next couple of months. I read about algorithms and added some pictures and changed some wording.  Does anyone have any ideas what is going on?  

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Kathy-and-Dave2 

As you probably noticed Airbnb has made an update on the website (you can read moreabout it  elsewhere in the community).

In general hosts have less bookings since then, as the search system has changed in certain ways making it more difficult for the "traditional" guest to find what they are looking for ("categories" were added) + more search results are displayed as before (so more "compatitors") + search homepage has now "flexible, 1 week" as default setting. 

HELP!! This is causing thousands of us if not millions who have the best houses ever (i have hosted for 12 years) to have zero bookings, which means that Airbnb would be losing money on all of us as well. So how on earth is this helping THEM, while destroying US? Does anyone know how to solve this issue? 

I haven't had a booking since the update. Having to rely on the "other" platform.

I started my airbnb business March 1st this year. For the first two months I was at 80 % occupancy rate. Since the update in May, I have had ZERO bookings. I am beyond annoyed. I rent out the two extra bedrooms in my home and allow people to use everything inside. I have tried everything. I feel your pain

Same with me. I have hosted for 12 years constantly booked at my personal home. now, no bookings. does anyone know what to do? this is terrible.

The day i decided to host i have only one booking 😂😂

Joey218
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

We have had the same issue - finding ourselves inexplicably way way down in the search results for a full house for four adults in our area.  We are showing below properties with no superhosts status and which are at least ten miles out of the city area.

we started renting out just as covid hit so didn’t have the best start but had built up a really good steady business with contractors - fortunately a couple of them know where to look for us so we have had a couple of bookings that way but only one booking since the May update through the search function.

I know. this same thing has happened to me.  I have hosted for 12 years constantly booked at my personal home. now, no bookings. I am reading that this has happened to thousands of people.

does anyone know what to do? this is terrible.

Ash7
Level 2
Austin, TX

I have been hosting from my personal home for 12 years, and I am having the same issue, no bookings suddenly, and I am reading that thousands of other hosts having the same problem. Ever since Airbnb changed the platform, etc about 7 weeks ago. Does ANYONE know what in the world to do?