No bookings

Sara304
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

No bookings

Hey everyone 

We started our air bnb business in 2016

https://abnb.me/9HUgVK2K9R

and immediately got bookings with great feedback and managed to achieve superhost fairly quickly. Since then we’ve had regular bookings ,enquiries and advanced bookings  and have watched it grow and grow. 

However since September this year everything has stopped! No enquiries or bookings at all except one in December which was booked well in advance . We’re offering mid week last min discounts , updating our wording but to no avail ! We’ve had bookings pretty much every month (unless we’ve booked the calendar out ) for the last 2 years with at least 2or 3 upcoming bookings to look forwards to but now it’s just gone dead . Is this happening to anyone else ? Any help much appreciated 

kind regards

sara

5 Replies 5
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

We close for 4 months, It happens every year up here @Sara304.,you have to reduce the price to the point its not worth it.

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Sara304 there are a couple of things you could do to stimulate some new bookings:

-give your calendar an update every day to appear active on the site (you haven't updated for a month) by opening/closing a date, adjusting a price and so on.

-lower your minimum night stay, it's set to 3 nights, but if you could make it 1 you will appear in more searches. (you can just put it back up after getting in a couple of new bookings).

Because you haven't had a booking in a while you need the platform to see you're an "active" host and a safe bet for a successful booking.

Best wishes

Paul 🙂

Sara304
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Thanks Paul 

Have updated calendar & min night setting as adviced and also lowered price 

Fingers crossed it picks up soon

sara

Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You’re welcome @Sara304 !

I’m sure things will pick up.

If you have any friends who are on Airbnb get them to send you an enquiry to answer, this will increase your activity too.

Mason18
Level 2
Houston, TX

@Sara304  here are a few things i do when things start to slow down on my listing.

Just as everyone else said, update the calendar on a daily basis, even if it’s a few dollars here and there. 

Do market research to see where comperable properties are priced vs your price and adjust accordingly. 

Play with your pictures. Change the arrangement or take a few new ones. 

Play with the title of the home. 

One thing I noticed when looking at your listing is that your description is is very long. I understand that you want to be as helpful as possible but o personally click out of profiles that I can’t quickly read. I would recommend putting in major points and taking out extra wording. (personal opinion)