No display picture when booking

Answered!
Eric901
Level 1
Kitchener, CA

No display picture when booking

Hey I have a question I have on my listing that people that book need to have a profile picture and I have someone in my house now that does not have one and wondering why this is?? Please could you look into this if something were to happen I need to know what people look like let me know if you can help with this thanks 

Eric 

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Eric901  as you have ticked the box mandating a guest photo, and if the guest doesn't respond to a request to upload one, then call Airbnb.

The guest shouldn't have been able to book. They can cancel penalty free if one isn't provided.

By the way you don't have profile photo either - as you know it does instil trust with guests too, so something to consider.

View Best Answer in original post

4 Replies 4
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Eric901  This is a forum of hosts and guests, not Airbnb CX, so no one from Airbnb will see your message.

Your requiring a profile photo doesn't mean much to Airbnb, I'm sorry to tell you, which is why things like this happen. You are free to ask your guests to upload their photo, as it's a requirement you have for booking, but Airbnb will never back you up on that in any meaningful way, such as requiring the guest to comply. The best way to know what your guests looks like and to know who exactly is in your house, is to check them in personally, and have them show you their ID.  

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry @Colleen253 

That is simply not true. They do back you up in a meaningful way.

I have the boxed ticked requiring a photo and reinforce through my house rules that it needs to be a clear photo of the guest.

On three occasions where the guest didn't do this and didn't respond to my message, Airbnb contacted the guest and got them to upload a photo. If they didn't I could have cancelled penalty free.

@Helen3 I shouldn't have said 'never'. As has been demonstrated time and again, every situation is ultimately at the whim of Airbnb, and there are no guarantees any policy will be followed to the letter. Tired of the constant battles hosts have to go through with Airbnb, usually losing. It's refreshing you've had success with this particular issue.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

@Eric901  as you have ticked the box mandating a guest photo, and if the guest doesn't respond to a request to upload one, then call Airbnb.

The guest shouldn't have been able to book. They can cancel penalty free if one isn't provided.

By the way you don't have profile photo either - as you know it does instil trust with guests too, so something to consider.