No extra guests

No extra guests

I would like to see Airbnb have a clear option for guest reservation that states no extra guests allowed when desired by host . In the extra  guest  fee option under extra fees would be perfect. I was severely impacted by a guest covertly bringing in extra people when my listing stated 2 guests only in several places. (The well and septic are approved for 2 adult capacity)  This caused the well pump to break, and resulted in septic repairs ($2000), loss of revenue reimbursing current guest, cancelling future guests so work could be accomplished. I understand host cancellations affect super host status, too! I believe clear communication is the key. Help me encourage Airbnb to clarify this for guests and hosts. Please add no extra guests option where applicable. Thanks!

2 Replies 2
Colleen253
Level 10
Alberta, Canada

@Jen6800 I’m not sure how this would make a difference. Someone who is going to covertly bring in unauthorized extras is going to do it, regardless. Set your listing up to discourage sketchy guests and behavior.  Be vigorous in vetting potential guests, have solid house rules to back you up and security cameras to detect unauthorized activity. Should you end up with it happening despite your best efforts, shut it down the minute it begins.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Jen6800  REMOVE the reference to the air mattress; this just begs for extra guests.  Title your listing "Cabin For Two" to reinforce that it is suitable for couples ONLY.