No inquiries in a month!

Jean118
Level 4
Atlanta, GA

No inquiries in a month!

I'm fairly new to the commnity and business. So far I reallly love getting my home ready for the summer vacation season but I go long stretches of time on AirBnB with no inquiries! Is it something I'm missing? Are there other angle shots I might need to include?  I'd really appreciate any feedback on my listing - https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/15027013?preview

Jerol

8 Replies 8
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jean118

Hi - your first pic of the house is lovely but the rest are pretty dark and a bit gloomy. Looks like they were taken at night - I am sure it's much lighter and brighter than the pics suggest.

In addition you have a cancellation which will mean you appear lower down the search results, and of course it's off putting for potential guests.s 

Thx for the feedback!

Jamie69
Level 7
Wheat Ridge, CO

I'm with Gerry. You have good photos, but it does look like they were taken at night.

I did the same thing when I first listed. I took my pictures at night. A couple weeks later I went back and took new pictures, this time in the daytime and the blinds open. The pictures came out a lot brighter and inviting. The best day to take pictures is when it's cloudy out. Direct sun outside will be too bright.

And I'm still a new host, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I think for most people, price is king. When I go for a long stretch without any bookings, I lower my price a few dollars. And then if I go for a few more days without bookings, I lower it again a few dollars. When bookings start coming in, then I raise my prices back up, and if even more bookings come in, the prices go up yet again.

Jamie

I definitely will try the daytime!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Jean118

I had a quick look. Lovely place.

Having a minimum of one week stays and quiet time after 10.30 will put some people off and minimise that amount of people your property will appeal to.

And why only 4 people when you have three doubles - surely you can fit six?

You also have a host cancellation that might put some people off.

I would recommend hosting up to six, look at getting some new photos and as you are aiming at the business market connect with local companies and see if you can get on their recommend list. Also consider signing up with other listing companies.

Thx for the feedback!

Monika64
Level 10
New York, NY

@Jean118 Your place is really cute but the first photo actually isn't the best. It's really just a "normal" house and your inside pictures show the French style much better. Not sure if you consider swapping it out. That said you really need brighter pictures in overal 🙂

Also, you are probably lower in search rank with your latest cancelation 😞 You might want to check on your viewing traffic to see how it's been. Hopefully new pix would help!

Interesting, I hadn't considered that!