No longer able to respond to guest reviews... glitch or change?

No longer able to respond to guest reviews... glitch or change?

Early on we got in the habit of responding to reviews with a simple thanks for staying or a well wish for the guest. Just seemed the polite thing to do. Now, more than 200 reviews in it seems a little much but then again it is hard to stop- old habits and all. Anyway, today it seems the "reply to review" button is gone. Not really a problem for thanks or well wishes, but what if we get a review that really needs a response? Has anyone else noticed this issue? 

21 Replies 21
Susan1028
Level 10
Oregon, US

Yes, @Laura_R-and-Jesse.

For me it’s just in the app.  Other app functionality has changed as well, including aspects of the booking management section for notes and price changes, and my ability to access guest reviews of me, which now requires 3 steps.

The constant changes to things that have been working by IT are exhausting, and in the latest instances create more effort by the host to access previously simple functions.

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Susan1028 @Laura-and-Jesse0  I was able to leave a review on my iPhone two days ago. Now I saw that Reply after the guest public review disappeared.

Airbnb make changes without really considering the hosts and guests feedback. They constantly make some unnecessary changes while are reluctant to make changes which hosts and guests request for. They break the system while they make those unnecessary changes without notifying users. It has caused a lot of issues.

It is indeed frustrating to just stumble upon the changes without any warning or explanation. 

Yulianna0
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

@Laura-and-Jesse0, I also was surprised with such change, couldn’t do it from the phone, but on PC it works. 

Thanks! not working on PC either for us- may be I will try a different browser?

I too am having the same problem. Airbnb is becoming SO frustrating. Almost every change they have made this year has detrimentally impacted our business and has provided us with some of our worst months ever. After four years partnering with Airbnb we are now seriously discussing if Airbnb will remain in our long term plans.

Nicole800
Level 2
Chicago, IL

The "respond to review" feature isn't working for me anymore either. I tried app and PC, and I also checked with a few other users, who are experiencing the same issue. So frustrating! This is an important feature!!

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Stephanie and @Laura_C there are lots of posts on this topic.

Would you be able to merge them, and/or shed any light on the question please?

Hey there, 

wondering if if anyone has a similar issue as what I’m experiencing. I typically follow up reviews left by guests with a public response. This has always been very easy to do using the app from my iPhone. As of the last few guests, I haven’t been able to do it from my phone. 

Has something changed? Has anyone else experienced this?

The public response feature is only available on desktop.

It also disapered in desktop 😞

It would be good if @Laura_C or @Stephanie could confirm whether this is a glitch or an "on purpose"?

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Laura_C @Stephanie thanks for merging the threads.

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Laura-and-Jesse0 did you get an explanation?