No longer able to respond to guest reviews... glitch or change?

No longer able to respond to guest reviews... glitch or change?

Early on we got in the habit of responding to reviews with a simple thanks for staying or a well wish for the guest. Just seemed the polite thing to do. Now, more than 200 reviews in it seems a little much but then again it is hard to stop- old habits and all. Anyway, today it seems the "reply to review" button is gone. Not really a problem for thanks or well wishes, but what if we get a review that really needs a response? Has anyone else noticed this issue? 

21 Replies 21

@Mike-And-Helen0 Sorry for the slow response! Never got an answer but the reply button did magically reappear on the PC version after a couple of days, so maybe it was a glitch? 

I want to respond to a negative review and can't find how to do it

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Dan-And-Meridon0 there should be a link under the review "respond to this review" however people have been noticing that it is missing.

It is not there permanently, there's a time limit on it.

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Dan-And-Meridon0 it says "reply"

aviary-image-1572169241304.jpeg

Just above the pencil!

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Laura-and-Jesse0 Good news!

Hope your response was a good one!

Airbnb Support confirmed time me there was a Security Breach on their platform.

This has left some hosts and guests losing their review functionality and not receiving notifications of completed stays and the time to review message.

Really frustrating after 6 weeks to have no resolution to this. All that Airbnb Support can do is inform that this is a global issue and with their development team.

Nice platform for bookings and meeting guests just frustrating customer service in return from Airbnb is so absent.

Had the same issue and have not been able to leave reviews for 42 days.

Airbnb Support could only tell me that this is a global issue in response to a security issue. I can only assume this means hacking.

All that Airbnb Support can do is to tell me that the issue and my complaint is being escalated to the team dealing with this. However I have heard nothing back from said team.

The issue affects some hosts and guests who have being unable to review. This means the review functionality has been removed from the dashboard and its time to review email notifications have been removed.

My concern is how this will affect my Superhost status once the review functionality is restored.

A secondary concern is how quiet Airbnb is in acknowledging their issue and providing a solution.