No payout for Mainland China hostings Issue since August 2021, now its March 2022!

Oliver568
Level 2
Shanghai, China

No payout for Mainland China hostings Issue since August 2021, now its March 2022!

Hello,

I am fighting now with Airbnb for 6 Months to get my missing payments from August 2021, now it is almost April 2022! I was forward countless times to payment department, even the engineering department etc. no solution. I also posted it on reddit under r/AirBnBHosts

The hostings were done in July / August 2021, right in the middle of the new rules that mainland china hostings only can be paid out to Chinese bank accounts.

I could never successfully add my Chinese bank account with foreign passport, I went to several banks.. tried several different bank accounts. All banks made sure the data is correct, but airbnb system never accepted any. I also contacted Liang Liang Pay and they told me the issue is on airbnb system and airbnb hast to fix it. In the end I took a Chinese friends bank account, which also did not receive the money as well. Now the following problems.

1. Until now I did not get my money to may paypal or my German Bank as before.
2. I cannot add any Chinese bank account, because the account I used was from my friend and her name, so now the system says can only add bank accounts with my Chinese friends name.

What I think might, could solve the issue:

1. Send me the money of the two bookings finally to may payal! 2. Reset in YOUR airbnb system the bank holde name for my airbnb account. 3. Find any other way to finally send the money to me by paypal pr german bank accout. But please finally solve it after 6months! Thank you!
Any useful suggestion, except suing them?

So far I called Airbnb more than 50 times, always get forwarded to the payment or engineering department no one solved the issue so far. All I get are the standard copy paste messages or my ticket is getting closed after a couple forth and backs with them.
9 Replies 9
Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

Hi @Oliver568 ! I'm so sorry to hear about this, I can't imagine how stressful that must be.

I've forwarded this to the team now as well. They should get in touch with you soon and if I have an update from my side in the meantime, I'll let you know.

Hopefully we can get this resolved soon!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Thank you, I had already I think more than 30 tickets with them in regard to that issue. All were randomly closed and had to call to open a new one, the last one was opened around 14. March and closed couple days ago while escalated to another department with new ticket. For almost another week now I haven't heard anything from that ticket by msg in the airbnb-app or email. I am completely helpless, all I feel left to do is find a lawyer and suing airbnb.

Hello, my ticket for the case was created on 25. March with the payment department now it is 31. March and didn't receive any living sign!

Oliver568
Level 2
Shanghai, China

25th March, Issue Ending in #3129

@Oliver568  @Sybe 

Hi Oliver,

Hope all well on your end. 

I saw your message thread on Airbnb forum and think I'm facing the same problem. 

I was wondering, if you have since been paid? I am owed over US$17,000 myself and am being shoved from one department to another. My help tickets are getting arbitrarily closed and there is no one following on this case despite repeated calls. I'm concerned whether I'll getting my money back ever. 

Since there are also many hosts complaining about not receiving payments, I'm not sure if the issue is regarding payouts being restricted to Chinese bank accounts, or if there's anything else going on in terms of the company's financial health.

As hosts, this is part of, if not all of our livelihood and as someone hosting in Shanghai that is facing 6 weeks of lockdown with no income, I need funds urgently to pay for rentals. Airbnb is not supporting hosts when we need support the most and is really messing with our livelihoods.

If you did receive payments in the end, could you please share with me what worked and how you manage to resolve this?

Very best regards.

Hello,

I have still the issue to not receive my payouts. Even I managed it now to add a native Chinese friends Bank account, because it was impossible to add one of my 3 different Chinese bank accounts.

However no payments and after 50 calls to airbnb I also get shoved to different departments, my tickets are getting closed even I asked the support employee 10 times to please ensure my ticket won't be closed again. As well as shared already many times my screen with the support, send them countless times requested screenshots. But after couple weeks of silence or no helpful feedback I start from 0 again with them. All I can say it is totally inane, pure insanity and no solution in sight. We should go public with this issue! Their support is a mess ..pure madness and airbnb is withholding my money now for over almost 10 month!!! As said pure insanity!

Hi I have the same problem I have been waiting from my payouts 3 months . And I been talking with a lot of customers support and no one fix the problem. 

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Shanghai-Home0, I will inform the team about this ASAP. Also @Oliver568, I will try to follow this up with the team for you. Hopefully, they will be able to help you out. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Hello the airbnb team was already informed 50+ times and none of this 50 times yielded a solution to pay finally the money out! I am sorry but this is pure insanity. I just got again an email from airbnb special hidden, cannot be called or reached from your standard support team, have to wait until they contact me mysterious department. Just that an Alex is telling me AGAIN for the 20x time to set my ch. Bank account as default which I have not the option for shown in web or app. And they already confirmed several times this by screen sharing. And I get again the Email to set it as default and I will get my payment, I mean are you guys for real dead serious or just trying to keep me busy?!?!