No profile photo

Answered!

No profile photo

Hi why don’t guests have profile photos I have a guest on Monday and have no idea what they look like it should be compulsory 

1 Best Answer
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Lisa934

According to airbnb rules, it is compulsory, but I have noticed that guests get verified without a photo in their profile - this actually happened with my last booking.

Simply communicate with the guest and ask them nicely to upload a photo to their profile.

View Best Answer in original post

98 Replies 98
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Lisa934

According to airbnb rules, it is compulsory, but I have noticed that guests get verified without a photo in their profile - this actually happened with my last booking.

Simply communicate with the guest and ask them nicely to upload a photo to their profile.

But why should we have to do this ourselves. I've even put this as a requirement since I got a photo of a cat trying to book, that guy got very close to being cancelled,

@Marit-Anne0 wrote:

@Lisa934

I agree, In the past Airbnb insisted on a profile photo that the host can see once they accept the reservation. This is for the safety of the host. It seems that air BnB is putting more and more on the host while collecting fees. This always was done in the past and now has been put on the hosts. I am not feeling that Airbnb is protecting hosts. 

Cheryl
Zelia3
Level 4
Woughton on the Green, United Kingdom

I am so chock about the new Airbnb that I add in the tittle and description this:

" Airbnb New policy will hide pic of our guest before resevation be confirm. We will NOT accepte reservation before seeing a picture of the guest as we wish feel confortable with people staying in our family house.
Add a picture to the request. Thank you ."

If guest or Airbnb, do not want us, Host to feel confortable in their own home, guest are free to book in an hotel.... Hotel don't ask for Photos! But it is more expensif!

It's a very bad decision! Send feedback: https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

I have been hosting for 4-5 years in my home. I now do not feel at all comfortable about Airbnb not providing guest photos until they confirm. In many cases such as mine this is our homes we are opening up to complete strangers. Often there are no reviews and no photos. A picture says a thousand words.  I’m a female living alone why should I not have the right to chose who comes into my home. Hence why I never had instant booking. Now Airbnb have withdrawn my right. ...I am strongly considering withdrawing my home from Airbnb who chose to put their hosts at risk and hosting on another platform 

This is part of air BnB safety check. Demand to see what the person looks like so hosts know the person who reserved is the same person who arrives. This is Airbnb’s job not ours. 

Cheryl

This does not work! The issue is we cannot see the photo before booking.

I can see not seeing the photo before accepting a booking but once we accept it is Airbnb’s job to supply a photo of the guest. This is a safety issue. 

Cheryl
Davi13
Level 2
Costa Mesa, CA

I have the same issue. I have requested twice that one guest either update their profile photo or simply send one through our message thread and the request has been ignored.  Contacted Airbnb and they are not able to offer any help at this time. Stating that their selfie photos sent to compare to their government issues ID is encrypted and therefore they cannot share it with hosts. 😞

@Lisa934 I decline inquiries without a portrait profile picture and invite the traveler to upload a picture.  I will reconsider after that.  Half the time the guest does not respond or book and half the time they do.  I see it as a test of how the guest stay will be and so far so good. 😄

I can not accept this new policy. Can I take my profile picture down?

If we as hosts require a profile photo of our guests it's only fair we provide ours

After all we are advertising ourselves  and promoting ourselves as respectful and worthy people to have guests in our home

Zelia3
Level 4
Woughton on the Green, United Kingdom

I am so chock about the new Airbnb that I add in the tittle and description this:

" Airbnb New policy will hide pic of our guest before resevation be confirm. We will NOT accepte reservation before seeing a picture of the guest as we wish feel confortable with people staying in our family house. 
Add a picture to the request. Thank you ."

If guest or Airbnb, do not want us, Host to feel confortable in their own home, guest are free to book in an hotel.... Hotel don't ask for Photos! But it is more expensif!