No respond after pre-approval

Jasmin2
Level 2
Bihać, Bosnia and Herzegovina

No respond after pre-approval

Hi all 🙂
I'm new and I need some help - after 1 month here I received first reservation request, and everything was ok, reservation accepter and agreed,booked... I think I understood this.

But recently I received a message (inquiry? not sure), which I responded and clicked pre-approve. Then I answered to potential guest a few questions, and geust told me that will respond after consultation with friends traveling together, but 24 hours left for guest to book already passed.

Actually the conversation and other was fine, and I don't see anything strange, but now I wonder if I need to save those dates for them, or what should I do after potential guest doesn't book in 24 hours? And was I wrong clicking pre-approve?

Thank you 🙂

Jasmin

4 Replies 4
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Jasmin2 No, do not block your calendar for the dates that the guest was interested in!  Airbnb encourages guests to make inquiries of many hosts at the same time.  They may receive Pre-Approvals from many hosts.  After looking at them all and consulting with friends. family etc. they will choose the listing they want and may never get back to the rest of the hosts that sent them Pre-Approvals.  You may or may not hear back from this guest.  

Likewise, you can send as many Pre-Approvals, even for the same dates, as you want.  The first one to accept within the first 24 hours is the one who gets the booking. It is an automatic booking.

You should note that after the first 24 hours, guests can still respond to your Pre-Approval but you will then have the opportunity to accept it or not.  

Here's Airbnb's article on the subject: 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/838/what-is-a-pre-approval

Hope this helps!

Jasmin2
Level 2

@Clare0 that was helpful, thanks a lot 🙂

It does help with bookings to let guests know if you have another pre-approval for the same dates - helps them make their mind up faster!

Jasmin2
Level 2

sure @Gerry-And-Rashid0  thanks for your advice 🙂