Non-Refundable Rate

Answered!
Katie-and-Dan0
Level 2
Bath, United Kingdom

Non-Refundable Rate

Hi Community!

What a year...!  I hope everyone is doing well.  

We have adopted the Non-Refundable rate with a 10% discount, I'd like to ask people's views on this as AirBnB are still applying their Extenuating Circumstances policy and giving a full refund.  

To my mind Non-Refundable is exactly that and that is the risk guests take for a discounted price.  That is sort of not the issue though, as my question is more around are we mugs for giving away 10% turnover for no reason as its not a guaranteed revenue because it can be refunded?  Should we switch this off as it all seems like a nonsense.

Kindest,

Dan & Katie

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Extenuating circumstances will always trump the non-refundable 10% policy’ as it does anyone other Host cancellation policy. @Katie-and-Dan0 

To my mind this option as much use as a chocolate teapot - so I don’t understand why hosts would choose it. Why would hosts  give up 10% of their income knowing Airbnb can overide the booking conditions under their EC policy? 

Mugs is probably an accurate if not terribly kind descriptor 😄😃😊

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Extenuating circumstances will always trump the non-refundable 10% policy’ as it does anyone other Host cancellation policy. @Katie-and-Dan0 

To my mind this option as much use as a chocolate teapot - so I don’t understand why hosts would choose it. Why would hosts  give up 10% of their income knowing Airbnb can overide the booking conditions under their EC policy? 

Mugs is probably an accurate if not terribly kind descriptor 😄😃😊

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Katie-and-Dan0 I have always said the 10% non-refundable booking is a con. With the latest EC policy coming in late January it may make more sense but its still refundable.....