Non iron duvets?

David563
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Non iron duvets?

Any tips on how to dry duvets so that they don't crease or where to buy some that don't wrinkle? 

8 Replies 8
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Ebay, Amazon and the majority of the big high street retailers and department stores in the UK sell then.

Just have a search online and find ones that suit your place/pocket.

Even you dry standard ones flat, you still need to run an iron over them.

Lois-and-Darryl0
Level 10
Rochester, WA

@David563:  Been there, David!  I love shopping on Amazon, and after purchasing high-end sheets and duvet covers at a high-end store, I decided to try Amazon to save money on bedding.  What a waste of good money.  Just a wrinkled up mess.  I think the no-iron issue is a combination of how much money you spend, and the type of fabric.  I now only purchase what I started with; sateen sheets and duvet covers that look beautiful and feel great.  I hope this helps.  Good Luck!  Lois & Darryl

Amy38
Level 10
Nashville, TN

Put a tennis shoe or two in the dryer with the duvet.

Sarah706
Level 3
Las Vegas, NV

If you get a poly blend duvet cover, it will be more wrinkle resistant. I use cotton bedding and my secret to getting it all wrinkle free is to put them on the bed slightly damp. Works great. You can also find some great deals for duvet covers here, https://airbnbhostshop.com/collections/bedding-duvet-sets-for-short-term-rentals

Betsy60
Level 3
Johnstown, NY

Hi David...I recommend having a couple of inexpensive, washable duvet covers (you only mentioned the duvets themselves) on hand for a quick change between guests. I bought one from Amazon of 100% microfiber,  washed and dried beautifully. They're not thick, but feel like a smooth soft sheet.  I bought 2 more to rotate between guests more efficiently. And they even have ties in the corners...makes it much less maddenning to replace. Some ties are falling apart, but it's easy enough to sew new ones on. It's Nestl Bedding Duvet Cover Set-100% Microfiber Hotel Collection. They sell them in a variety of colors and sizes. Hope this helps.

Yulianna0
Level 10
Madrid, Spain

Duvets from IKea do not wrinkle. And just today I have seen duvet covers that have wrinkled design. No need to iron at all:) 

Kristy43
Level 5
West Moonah, Australia

Fold them straight out of the drier while they are warm.... that usually works for me.  And choose microfibre or cotten blend material!  I refuse to iron as I just dont have the time and nobody has mentioned creased linens yet!!!

Jill2
Level 8
Franklin, TN

I have 3 guesthouses on my property so do ALOT of laundry. This is how i dry duvet covers.  Works works for me:

1. Always do up most of the buttons so cant twist and turn inside out etc.

2. Take it out every 10 minutes give quick shake so doesnt ball up

3.  Dry the cover on its own

4. Take the cover out while still warm and put straight back on bed the wrinkles fall right out.

Hope this helps!