Non-superhosts putting "Superhost" in listing title!??

Kenneth12
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Non-superhosts putting "Superhost" in listing title!??

I'm seeing non-superhosts in one of our markets putting "Superhost" in their listing title.

At best,  this seems like cheating to me.  (I guess other superhosts,  might be as frustated as I am,  at seeing someone with far lower ratings,   claiming to be a superhost).

Best way to get ABB to respond and beat the host with a wet noodle?   Any chance of getting ABB to act promptly and with due diligence,  to block the word "superhost" in listing titles from non-superhosts?

2 Replies 2
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

If you are bothered, report the hosts profile and give Airbnb a call @Kenneth12 

Maybe they have only just lost their status and forgot to change the title.

@Helen3 wrote:

If you are bothered, report the hosts profile and give Airbnb a call @Kenneth12

As someone just noted in another thread,  the options on profile reporting never seem appropriate to most situations,  or likely to get anywhere.

"Something else?" followed by 

The host is unresponsive

They collect fees or deposits outside of Airbnb

My host is asking me to cancel

I’m concerned they’re hosting in my neighborhood

Something on this page is broken

do any of those sound promising,  in getting anywhere?    And call?  Egads,  that's going to be at least a quarter hour of my billable time lost.   (And have you read what people say about how reliable,   consistent and proactive Airbnb's phone support is?)

@Helen3 wrote:

Maybe they have only just lost their status and forgot to change the title.

That is definitely not the case;  are you accusing me of a lack of due diligence?

We also have plenty of hosts gaming the search results system,   by putting in nightly prices such as $9 for short periods when their rules will not allow booking,   and thus showing up first in price-filtered results.