Northern California potential power shutdown

Kendra70
Level 1
Santa Cruz, CA

Northern California potential power shutdown

Hello! We are having guests wanting to cancel and get a refund due to the potential power shutdown. We still have power and the weather is mellow here. It’s hard to say if we will

even loose power. We have backup lights, etc in preparation. But going forward this might be a ongoing issue if PG&E decides to do this every time weather is expected. I’ve told the guests that have already requested to cancel they can and we will refund. Or if they come and power goes out there will be a reduced rate. 

Any tips on this issue going forward? Other hosts experiencing the same thing? Maybe info about it in the listing? Thoughts? 

4 Replies 4
Shawn112
Level 2
Auburn, CA

I am sending messages about our power outage,  which began today, to my guests and will let them decide

Alice595
Level 10
Concord, CA

@Kendra70 @Shawn112  I am wondering what to do with current guests? They are already here. And if they go anywhere nearby, they still suffer the same. Most motels may not have power generator either.

Ara30
Level 2
California, United States

I have put a notification in the listing and in the initial message when someone books along with links to PG&E's outage page.  Not sure what else to do.

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

I'm curious, did airbnb offer any guidelines to CA hosts who are in these areas?