Not being a member and your friend books for you on there account

Not being a member and your friend books for you on there account

I thought you had to be an bnb member to book accommodation not book for friends under your name and you don’t know who is coming no photo this should be a rule thanks Lisa 

4 Replies 4
Donna316
Level 4
Tasman, New Zealand

Hi @Lisa934 It is a rule.  Its called 3rd party booking and to my knowledge is not allowed.  Although in saying that it happened to me, so I contacted Airbnb and they back track pretty quick and say its up to us, the hosts to decide.  If you aren't ok with it and you are a host then contact Airbnb and advise.  I personally dont know why people cant join Airbnb themselves, but I wouldn't accept it without being shown some form of id and contact number, email etc.  All the best and hope you get it sorted. 

Thanks but shouldn’t Airbnb notice this and no photo even of the person booking the accom I allowed it this time but still this should not happen thanks Lisa 

No as profile pictures now dont show until booking is confirmed, IF you have selected profile photo as part of your booking requirements.  Airbnb wont notice as they dont "police"  who is booking it etc. How would they know?   It will be up to the host to report 3rd party bookings so they can then contact the "guest" airbnb account holder to explain that 3rd party bookings arent allowed.  As I said above I would explain to the account holder that upon arrival the "guest" will have to provide ID and also I would request prior a full name and contact number etc of the guest who will be staying. 

Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway