Not getting notifications

Michelle2414
Level 2
Houston, TX

Not getting notifications

I am suddenly not getting any notifications for booking requests. I used To get them fine. I just checked my settings and everything is still on for email and SMS notification. I have lost two bookings because of this. Does anyone know how to get this resolved?

4 Replies 4
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

This happens to hosts from time to time. I also stopped receiving my text alerts a couple years ago. You  have to contact customer service and let them know- in my case, it took about a month or more until they started up again one day. I find it best to message rather than call, so I have a written record, rather than them saying weeks later they have no record of me having contacted them about an issue before, or having to explain the issue all over again each time. If it's a message stream, you can ask the CS rep to leave the messaging stream open until you verify that the problem has been corrected.

One thing you can try first is to turn your notification settings off and then on again, which might reset it.

Be prepared for the CS rep to make dumb and annoying suggestions at first- the first thing the CS rep suggested to me was "Maybe your text Inbox is full". Uh, duh, don't you think I would have checked that before wasting my time contacting you? Then it was "It must be a problem with your phone provider". Then he finally deigned to check with the Airbnb tech team and admitted that the issue was on their end.

In the meantime, you'll just have to check your hosting Inbox regularly to make sure you don't miss any inquiries, requests or messages from guests.

@Michelle2414

Thanks Sara so how do huh get a hold of CS?  All I could find on the site is a”leave feedback” option. I have done that twice with no response back. Of course I would love to find and email or phone number for support. If you happen to have those do you mind posting those back here?? Thanks! 

The feedback forms say right on them that they aren't personally responded to- hosts use them to complain about a policy or report a system bug or make suggestions. 

What you have to do to start a message conversation with CS is first go to the Help section of the main website, type some key word in the search bar (in this case, Notifications) then you'll get a bunch of useless answers come up. There's a "Still need help?" at the bottom, or something like that. Then you just have to keep following the prompts and drop down boxes until you finally get a message box. If you don't see your issue in the drop down boxes, and there's "other" option, just check whatever, your goal is to get to the Contact Us message box.

When you do message them, here's some tips- keep your message really simple and easy to read- I'm convinced they shove the wordy, long paragraph, hard to decipher messages to the bottom of the pile. I state the nature of the issue first, then the details, what outcome I'm asking for, then always thank them for their time or attention :

Technical Issue:

My text alert notifications are no longer working, which has resulted in missing some     requests and guest messages on time.

I have checked my notification settings- text and email are turned on, as they always have been.

Please forward this to your tech team to correct ASAP- I really depend on my alerts in order   to respond quickly and don't wish to inconvenience guests.

Thank you for your time.

@Michelle2414

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Michelle2414  This started happening to me a couple of weeks ago as well. Prior to that I hadn't had any problems. I get both texts and email notifications for AirBnB communications. It's really unnerving to realize that a request has been sitting for a while, and then realize that your phone never made a peep! Anyway, I simply deleted the app from my phone and reinstalled it. Everything works fine now. Interestingly, when I went to do the install, it showed that the app had been updated about 4 days prior, right around when the AirBnB communications failed. Have you tried this yet? I'm using an iPhone, just FYI. 

Good luck! Kia