Not paid by Air Bnb for past 33+ guests, over $32,000USD owed, no conclusion or response

Sebastian252
Level 2
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Not paid by Air Bnb for past 33+ guests, over $32,000USD owed, no conclusion or response

Air bnb has not paid me since December 14th. December 16th was the first missed payout. Since then, there is over 33 guests who have stayed and left who I have not been paid for. Today, it's over $32,000 that Air bnb owes me. No one has a solution or definitlive explination. I call daily, because anyone who is owed this amount would be knocking on doors, and no air bnb representative has any clue. They all want to help, and offer their own advice. "Let's try changing the payout account," Let's try changing it back," "Maye if we split them into diferent accounts," have all been genuine sugestions from helpless level 1 customer service reps who are just as lost as I am. I have taken out loans to pay my fixed expenses (at crazy interest rates,) and my credit card already has $10k on it and they raised my interest rate on it also since I have not been able to make payments. I am not a bank, but I am being obligated to keep loaning money to Air Bnb. My real bank, who I need to pay mortage to, and the water company, and electricity company, don't really understand the situation and so of course I need to continue to pay mortgage, rent, light bills and water bills. 

I beleive it happened when for some reason Air Bnb did not deduct certain resolution adjustments from future payouts last year. There were about $1,500 in total resolution adjustments in 2017/18. They also for some reason did not payout some amounts to me. There were about $1,200 in payouts to me that did not go through in 2017/18. But after the 14th of 2018, payments simply stoped all together. 

Has this happened to anyone else? If so, what did you do? What department resolved it? (The Air Bnb reps have suposidly sent emails to both technical and finance, but no definitlive conclussion has come from them.) Is there an email where I can actually reach someone real from Air Bnb (not a general customer service filter,) to help me resolve this? Over $30k is a little serious and I really need help. I can't continue to host for free, and if it continues I can't host the future guests since I'll eventually need to pay my bills from income and not additional loans. Need help : (

26 Replies 26

Mee too!Ihave not been paid almsot a month already!I have several times contacted to agents but never have effective help.

Humphrey6
Level 2
Kakamega, Kenya

Hello everyone, I have got the same problem with payment from airbnb and wondering whom to ask. Messages to 'contact us' hasn't yielded much. Initially two representatives contacted me and since then everyone went quiet.

I called, and while they are friendly and helpful it didn't yeild much until I posted about it here. @Humphrey6

@Sebastian252 Thanks. This is noted.

Hi @Humphrey6

Looks like you're a new host? I think new hosts have to wait 30 days now for their first payout. Could that be the delay? 

@Susan17, Hi

Yes, I am new, thanks for this information. Will wait and see what unfolds.

Why do we have to wait for 30 days ?
Wendy610
Level 2
Glastonbury, United Kingdom

I too am experiencing the lack of payouts since December 23rd.  I have responded to requests for ID verification and even filled out the business request form, even though i am an individual with only one property listed on Airbnb.  I have conversed through the Airbnb site but have not telephoned the company yet.

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Wendy610 There are two seperate payment delay issues running concurrently with each other - with some crossover affecting the two. As you're an individual host, the co-host re-routing issue obviously doesn't apply to you, so your hold-up has to be related to the other "glitch". 

Can I just ask, did you recieve the request for ID verification just recently, or separately, a couple of months back? And did Airbnb give you any reason why you were required to register as a business account, such as number of nights booked, earnings for the year exceeding a certain threshold etc (Just trying to get the full picture as other hosts have been reporting similar issues, under slightly different circumstances, and trying to figure out if your experience might be related to theirs)

Hanlie9
Level 1
Western Cape, South Africa

@Sebastian252 I have had endless problems to get my payout from December 2018 and January 2019. The friendly call centre consultants try their utmost to assist but to no avail - all they can tell me is that the payments have been processed and paid out to me and i should go to my bank to trace the payouts! My bank cannot trace anything if nothing is paid in. I have been from pillar to post and still have no payout! It seems like Airbnb is not userfriendly with payout problems at all, as there is no number or call centre that can assist? I hate sitting reading millions of instructions of how to and how not to! I have verified my account a few times and still no one at Airbnb can or will assist!! Very annoying site to use!! 

I hope your problem has been resolved! Regards Hanlie Seagulls Guest House, Langebaan SA 

Lori319
Level 2
Orange Beach, AL

After reading this post I find myself lucky I have only not been paid for my last three reservations. I host as a means of keeping my home and making a mortgage payment. I'm wondering if anyone else has found the clear way to resolve this issue and I would love to continue hosting! I'm considering going tonight listings description and saying that I need to be contacted first before they reserve   I have host who had contacted me recently to book that are also missing their payments and have decided they would wish to work with me directly and not through Airbnb. If anyone can tell me email find a phone number to call that I can actually speak to Human in charge of getting my money's paid please advise thank you good luck everyone

@Lori319 had the same problem and mine has resolved.  This is what you need to do

1)Go to twitter @airbnbhelp and complain there.  a case manager will get back to you right away.

2)If still no resolution file a complain to Better Business Bureau in couple hours a guy from payment processin team contacted me and released the payout.

Goodluck!