Not qualifying for COVID-19 fund due to cancellation refund policy as recommended by Airbnb

Arshad14
Level 1
Hamilton, Canada

Not qualifying for COVID-19 fund due to cancellation refund policy as recommended by Airbnb

@Catherine-Powell 

I would like to express my frustration with the so-called fund set up by Airbnb to help out the hosts during the pandemic. 

I had two reservation cancellations that meet all the requirements to qualify for the fund except for the fact that my cancellation refund policy was too relaxed because I took Airbnb's very own recommendation to attract more guests. Even though there is clear evidence in my conversation with the guest that the reason for cancelling was COVID-19, I find that using my cancellation refund policy is just an excuse for Airbnb to get out of having to payout Hosts in similar situations like mine.

I have tried talking to the support team, which also took weeks for them to respond back to me due to the number of inquiries, they stuck to their policy and it's quite frustrating. 

1 Reply 1
Anthony-And-Caroline0
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Same here. Have a relaxed cancellation policy (which also benefits Airbnb) and it is used against you.

A Holmes