Not receiving requests for bookings

Answered!
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

Not receiving requests for bookings

Hello everyone, this is my second year as an airbnb host. I rent two apartments with very central location and lower prices compared to others in the area. Last summer I didn't have problem with bookings but this year even with a lot better pictures and prices I only have two reservations for the whole summer. My listings don't even get views, it stays at about 50 views this last couple of months. What could I do to improve the situation? Have a great day!

1 Best Answer
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Ana1136

What a lovely location. Do talk about this more. What attractions are neaby? Is there public transport to get there? What's the nearest airport?

Had a quick look at your place. I am a little confused by your description of both apartments.

Are they studio apartment rather than a one bedroom apartment? It looks like a strange configeration unless you are aiming it as a hostel market to have four single beds in a studio room.

Personally I would be inclined to have two sofabeds. Unless you are aiming at young single travellers.

Then they could be made into sofas during the day which would provide extra seating and make it feel more like a living area.

Do you have the sleeping, kitchen and living space al in one room. If so you should make this clear by the photos and your description.

Also take on board the reviews about the bathroom door and look at replacing it with something less see through.

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Ana1136

What a lovely location. Do talk about this more. What attractions are neaby? Is there public transport to get there? What's the nearest airport?

Had a quick look at your place. I am a little confused by your description of both apartments.

Are they studio apartment rather than a one bedroom apartment? It looks like a strange configeration unless you are aiming it as a hostel market to have four single beds in a studio room.

Personally I would be inclined to have two sofabeds. Unless you are aiming at young single travellers.

Then they could be made into sofas during the day which would provide extra seating and make it feel more like a living area.

Do you have the sleeping, kitchen and living space al in one room. If so you should make this clear by the photos and your description.

Also take on board the reviews about the bathroom door and look at replacing it with something less see through.

Sheree14
Level 2
Louisville, KY

I don't understand why my offerings are getting "0" guests.   I have four timeshares in Cabo San Lucas in two of the most exciting resorts I know of in the area.   But I only have strange inquiries for dates that we don't have or nothing at all.   We are offering Pueblo Bonito Rose' for just $135 per night that sleeps 4 guests and has so many amenities.   When we first traveled there in 1994, we paid $259 for that same room.  So I don't understand what the problem is.   Can anyone jump in here and help me make this come to life?   The site really confuses me so maybe I don't have something set up right.   

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Sheree14   I took a look at your listing and it looks luxe. However, the photos and listing description look and sound like a real estate ad (and I did see you were a real estate agent). Get rid of that cover photo! And the one with the people sitting at the outdoor restaurant. They just look like they were taken right off the condo advertising. The interior shots you have are great, but you only have 2- where's a photo of the kitchen, the bathroom? More photos that get across how comfy the guests are going to be there, do away with the commercial looking photos with complete strangers who look like models (and are).

Try to make the listing description more personal. As it looks and reads now, it seems like you're trying to sell them a timeshare. (I know you're not, but that's the feeling I'm left with).