Not receiving requests for bookings

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

Not receiving requests for bookings

Hello everyone, this is my second year as an airbnb host. I host two apartments with very central location and lower prices compared to others in the area. Last summer I didn't have problem with bookings but this year even with a lot better pictures and prices I only have two reservations for the whole summer. My listings don't even get views, it stays at about 50 views for the last couple of months. What could I do to improve the situation? Have a great day!

4 Replies 4
Bruna-and-Siana0
Level 10
Santa Clara, CA

Your problem seems to be on the number of views, my guess is that your listing is pushed down on the linking and noone actually sees it. Do you have instant booking off? AirBnB pushes down listings that don't use instant booking. There are some tricks you can do to improve your placement, that should give you more views: change the title/description frequently, update pictures, share your listing on social media, offer discounts, decrease price/night, etc. 

Thank you @Bruna-and-Siana0, I often change the pictures and descriptions, and to be honest the prices are lover than average for the city center, I cant go lower than that. And i do have instant booking on. I cant seem to figure out what is the problem.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ana1136   A few other hosts have been saying the same thing lately. My most recent guest told me my place didn't show up at all when inputting the correct filters. She tried 3 times. It was only when she upped the price parameters that mine came up, even though my listing fell within the original price points she had entered. If this is what airbnb is doing, in an attempt to get users to see more expensive properties and hopefully book one, just so they can collect a higher service fee, this is bad, and could be one reason we're not getting as many views or requests.

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Sarah977 Yes I have read this a few times here and that seems so unfair, we can't overcharge people just so that we can be up in the search results. And I have noticed that they show higher prices for my property than the ones I have set up and I don't have smart pricing. I have tried a lot of diferent things like good quality pictures and changing them often, changing the descriptions, adding new details and none of them seem to work.