Guests are arriving on the 29th March

have asked him twice time of arrival

have not heard a response from them

How do I know that they haven’t cancelled

5 Replies 5
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

In fact you'll never know until after checkin, @Les1. If they cancel, you'll receive a message.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Les1
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

That cannot be right

If guest cancels Airbnb has to refund guest

surely then Airbnb should inform the host

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

When there is a gap in communication, @Les1, that raises many concerns such as you have.  You will be notified of a cancellation by Air BNB so if you have not gotten a message from Air BNB the guest has not cancelled.  Do you have a window for check in?  Have you called the client?  I have had similar gap and found there was some problem with the guest notification settings so they did not receive my messages.  Good thing I called.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Les1  That's exactly what @Marzena4 (who, by the way, is never wrong in her responses, to my knowledge) said. 

If the guest has cancelled, you will have received notification of the cancellation.

If not, assume the guest is coming and prepare for them, whether they answer your messages or not.

Some guests are not great communicators. Some guests have things going on in their lives that we have no idea of, that makes their response time to messages less than what we would want them to be. Perhaps there's been a death in the family, perhaps the guest has had an accident. You may not get a response from them until a few hours before their arrival, or not at all, they might show up as planned, or not.

Michael956
Level 10
Salvador, Brazil

Guests often don't check their Airbnb messages until the day before they travel.  The 29th of March is still quite a way off.  Relax.  They most likely will respond closer to their date of travel.