Not responding to my messages...knocking at his door ...and not showing up when I'm around in the evening...!!!

Mireille312
Level 1
West Haven, CT

Not responding to my messages...knocking at his door ...and not showing up when I'm around in the evening...!!!

I had quite a good impression at first but I'm wondering why I don't hear from him during his stay...not responding to me at all..and not showing up when I'm around in the evening...he came out of schedule on Friday instead of Sunday...I was not prepared much...I made it clear nothing personal should stay in the shared rooms..some smell coming out of his room...he doesn't go out much...too quiet...the reviews are from same neighbours, repeating messages...I'm wondering...it looks like he's hiding something...I don't think he's ok...I'm worried...!!!

9 Replies 9
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Mireille312 

What are you worried about ?

What you describe is not really concerning.

Only the smell from the room... is he smoking ?

Too quiet..not getting out of his room far enough...he's not smoking ...he doesn't open the windows to get some fresh air in the room & in the house...he needs to show up once a day for a minute or two...lots of his behaviour worry me... I'm managing to make him get along with the environment...!!!

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

too quiet

not responding to messages 

doesn't open the door

strange smell

not going out

is he dead?

No, I thought so...I think he's on medication...busy playing music with his electric guitars...!!!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi there @Mireille312, do you have any updates on this? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Yeah... he's no harm to me...that what I  was concerned about...!!!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for letting me know @Mireille312!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

@Mireille312 I'm not really sure what the problem is. It looks like your listing is brand new? Maybe this is your first guest? 

You can't dictate guest behavior. As far as "he's" concerned, he rented a room in your house. He doesn't know that you're expecting to interact with him on a regular basis. Too quiet? If you require your guests to be noisy, you should put that in your listing. 

I would strongly suggest that you review your listing and make some radical  changes. You are asking for trouble by having no house rules or restrictions, and saying things like this:

The space
it's a 100 yrs old house ...2 floor storey and a huge backyard with a 6 feet height fence for privacy... parties are allowed only on Saturday ...!!!
Guest access
Front door & basement ... The house is equipped with an ADT alarm for your safety ...!!!
Other things to note
During the day, you are free to use anything in the house and to do anything you want, be responsible, no international phone calls on the landline..!!!

You offer a bike and a scooter to guests?? Have you thought about liability? Right now you are poised to have the wrong person book your room and potentially cause you a LOT of problems. 
It looks like a hot mess. Your post is a hot mess. What, exactly, are you expecting from your guests? 

Oh, and your photos. They really need some work. Everything looks really messy, and it's hard to tell what the rental space is vs. the rest of the house. It looks cluttered and messy and really unappealing. 

You should look at some other listings and really clean yours up. Good luck. Kia
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Mireille312 

I am afraid I agree with @Kia272 . There are a few things that are concerning on your listing and they could cause you problems down the line.

I would add that you shouldn't include photos that could mean your exact location is easier to identify. I don't know your area, so I am not sure how easy that would be, but please take down or edit any photos that show your street number. My photos were taken by Airbnb photographers, and they obscured the number on the front door for security reasons, which is standard procedure.