Notifications late hours

Lindsey-and-Lynn0
Level 2
Hopkinsville, KY

Notifications late hours

Why does ARBNB send reminders that a guest is coming in 7 or 8 days out ,the text is sent in the A.M hours of the morning waking me and my wife up.

I leave my phone on because I have a elderly mother living alone.

6 Replies 6
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Lindsey-and-Lynn0  Yes, Airbnb alerts get sent at crazy hours. Research if there is an option on your phone to block all calls and texts when you go to bed with the exception of your mom's number.  

You can also go into your profile and account settings to turn off reminders, so you only get alerts of inquiry and request messages. Some hosts have said they turned it off, but still get the notifications, but it's worth a try.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I agree with @Sarah977 , you have to look into both your phone notification settings and the Air BNB notification setting.  Guest will also send messages overnight, partly because they are up or because they are in another country.  On my phone which is an android, I have the do not disturb setting on at night so I do not get calls or notifications while I am sleeping.  However, I have it customized that if I get a call from the same number within a 15 minute time frame, the second call will go through.  Both my daughter and elderly sister know that in case of emergency.

Shelli13
Level 2
Sacramento, CA

I agree, getting unnecessary notifications in the early hours is a problem.  I would love to block Airbnb notifications but, I want to receive calls and texts from my guest if there is an emergency or if they lock themselves out. 

@Lindsey-and-Lynn0  So program your guest's phone number into your phone and tell them in case of emergency to call or text, rather than use Airbnb messaging. You don't get Airbnb notifications of phone calls or texts anyway.

And its a good idea to let guests know what is considered an emergency or not. A burst plumbing pipe is an emergency, them hearing some strange animal noise outside, a burnt out lightbulb, or having trouble finding the vegetable peeler isn't.

Lindsey-and-Lynn0
Level 2
Hopkinsville, KY

I don’t mind guest contacting me anytime.

I have a problem with ARBNB texting me at 1am to tell me I have a guest arriving in 8 days.

@Lindsey-and-Lynn0  I know, it's so stupid. I highly doubt that hosts forgetting their bookings is some major issue that requires constant reminders. And you'd think with Airbnb's love affair with algorithms, they could program notifications to be sent at a reasonable hour according to the host's time zone.

I've even read of hosts' customer service cases being closed because the Airbnb rep in the Phillipines sent the host a message at 3am the host's time, and the host failed to answer it within 30 minutes.