Obligation of wearing a mask inside my property.

Answered!
Ben529
Level 5
Guadalajara, Mexico

Obligation of wearing a mask inside my property.

About Airbnb new politic: Wearing a mask and practice social distancing.
I want to notify my point of view.
It's not Airbnb, job or right to impose what I should do inside MY PROPERTY and never the less, what I should do with my OWN PERSON/BODY.
If the guests want to protect themself, it's their right and decision.
Airbnb passed my own limits, and the limit of what right they have over MY PROPERTY, or what they can require me to. I don't agree, they to impose me the need to wear a mask inside MY PROPERTY. It's not a public place.
I hope Airbnb will back off with their stupid, abusive and useless decision before November, 20th.
If I don't have any choice, I will, the 19th of November, not one day before, (dis)agree to your NEW ABUSIVE RULE. Meanwhile, I will look for alternatives to Airbnb.
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
In Mexico, the active covid cases represent less than 0,1%.

1 Best Answer

@Ben529,

fake, fake and fake! If you don't like the mask, don't involve WHO! While waiting for the moderators to wake up or for the WHO to come over to denounce the comment, look at this page. https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public/when-and-how-to-us....

It is clearly written: "If COVID-19 is spreading in your community, stay safe by taking some simple precautions, such as physical distancing, wearing a mask, keeping rooms well ventilated, avoiding crowds, cleaning your hands, and coughing into a bent elbow or tissue. Check local advice where you live and work. Do it all!

Make wearing a mask a normal part of being around other people."

A simple google search would have been enough to find out the truth!! Here there is nothing clear and lucid, in lies there is only lie! You are making confusion by randomly putting various and past WHO statements! Check also what it is written at the top of that page: "These materials are regularly updated based on new scientific findings as the pandemic evolves. Last updated 20 October 2020". 

So please change your mind and cancel that comment as the best answer. It is a clear fake. 

Thank you

View Best Answer in original post

37 Replies 37

Hi @Ben529 ,

I think you might as well be right. But in many countries, covid is much more developed. Airbnb has to make rules to reassure travelers around the world, even in your interests to get bookings. How many sacrifices did you make to become a Super Host? It seems to me not hard now to wear a mask for a while.

It seems to me, Airbnb overpass all acceptable limits.
I agreed many new requirements so far and they shut down the plateforme unilaterally making us losing money.
But now, NO, Airbnb won't tell me what I should/have to do with my own Person/Body/Property/Home.
They should strongly suggest, not more than that.

What is a While for you? You know the future? 10 weeks, 1 year, 2 years?
Not to mention, that by forcing me to wear a mask, airbnb is treating me like an irresponsible child.
In the eventality I'm sick, any illness, I won't put at risk my guests, friends or family. 
I don't need, laws, government or Airbnb to tell me how I should act or wear.

Hi @Ben529 ,

thanks for your message. 

Airbnb forced you to take a smiling photo of yourself visible to millions of people, to meet a lot of persons and to answer a lot of questions. How many times have you thought about changing furniture, how many trips to the shops to find the right thing. You are a continuous construction site with many changes that you would never have imagined. I advise you to let a little time pass and think again. You are the market here. And you have to follow the market, as you always did. Wearing a face mask is helpful. It must be done.

I don't agree, 

Here in Mexico, the active covid cases represent less than 0,1%.
The only thing that have to be done, is to stop that worldwide fear campaign.
Airbnb don't have to tell me what I should do with my body/person, especially inside my house.

They are forgetting the difference between, public places and private places. Our Airbnb are private places.
Airbnb do not have to replace the government, as I know, so far, in Mexico, nor in USA, there is no obligation to wear a mask inside a private place. 
This unilateral change in contract is a pure abuse of power.

Wearing a mask isn't helpful. The World Health Organisation have recently said there is no evidence to support that it helps, and that people should only wear masks if they are sick or caring for sick, as there is a world shortage of masks.

@Caraline1 ,

absolutely false. I hope your false comment will be deleted as Twitter, Facebook did with some misleading messages from famous people. 

New Host & new to ABB CC @Francesco1366 ?

May we ask what background you have?

Hi @Helen427

thanks for your message.

I have enough experience to recognize a clear fake and not endorse it with a "like".

I have been working in real estate for over 25 years. Short periods rentals is only a very temporary and small part of my work, I use a lot of sites, close and reopen apartments, and now again here. I already know Airbnb as well as this site. I used to write here when Host Voice was there, do you know?

Not out of arrogance but for the calculation of probabilities, I believe that I manage personal and family real estate assets that you can only dream of.

In any case, the background is not important, a homeless could have my same opinion. I would suggest to focus on what we write and support with "like". You endorsed a clearly false and misleading comment about the statements of a major health organization, a comment that is criminal to me. Then you asked this nonsense and off topic question. What is your background? Answer yourself and maybe you have to scale it down.

Thanks again,

Francesco 

Kia272
Level 10
Takoma Park, MD

You can do whatever you want on your property. However, when you choose to use the AirBnB platform to rent your space, then you follow their rules. It's really pretty simple @Ben529 , and it's a CHOICE you have made. 

Ben529
Level 5
Guadalajara, Mexico

If you are please to be a gentle sheep, that's your right too.

I'm pleased to be a responsible citizen, and to care for the health of others as I care about my own. 

But to get back to my point, if you don't like what AirBnB is telling you to do, then get off the AirBnB platform. It's really simple. 

@Francesco1366 makes some very valid points. 

Ben529
Level 5
Guadalajara, Mexico

If we have a contract together is TOTALLY NORMAL, I have my word to say.
If you can't respect my point of view and value and liberty, how can we respect you?

It is appalling that Airbnb assumes agreement. There is no guidance for what to do if you don't wish to agree. No acknowledgement that for all kinds of reasons, regardless of Covid, following the new protocol could be simply impractical or psychologically invasive. It's also very strange indeed that (just like everywhere else) there's no description of what changes would lift the restrictions. There should be a clear and continual discussion of acceptable levels of Covid, just like other illnesses. It is like being taken hostage, that there is never discussion of this. Also, The World Health Organisation has ruled that people should be masking, unless they are sick or looking after the sick, as there is a world shortage of masks, and NO EVIDENCE THAT IT HELPS. SO it is very curious, that Airbnb have made this kamikaze move on their business.

@Caraline1 Thanks Caraline, at last, somebody that is not brain washed, clever and lucid.