Olvide un objeto de mucho valor y no me lo regresaron

Answered!
Paloma153
Level 1
Guadalajara, Mexico

Olvide un objeto de mucho valor y no me lo regresaron

Hace dos semanas me quede en un Airbnb en la CDMX, una noche antes me quite mi Pandora con muchos charms y con un valor de alrededor de $20,000.00 pesos, pero sobre todo un gran valor sentimental, en la mañana olvide agarrarla y me fui al aeropuerto, al llegar al aeropuerto me percate que no traía mi pulsera y enseguida le escribí a mi anfitriona esperando que fuera honesta y me la diera, a los que ella de manera muy grosera negó tenerla. Estoy muy triste, sigo esperando que  me la regrese.

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Paloma153  Yes, that is sad. I have lost things forever by leaving them behind somewhere. Sometimes they get returned, but mostly not.

Don't necessarily be sure the host is being dishonest and just doesn't want to return it, although that is certainly possible. It could have slipped under the bed, or behind a piece of furniture and hasn't been found yet. Or maybe the housecleaner took it.

There's not really much you can do except message the host again, without being blaming, and say you would so much appreciate if they do find it, to please let you know- that it is of great sentimental value to you, and you will cover the cost of mailing it back.

If we attack someone as if they are thieves, when it was our forgetfulness that was the cause, it will make them defensive. If you explain why it means so much to you and say maybe it just slipped behind the furniture and could be found later, even if the host did take it, you at least give her a way to save face and say she just found it, if her conscience leads her to decide to return it.

Travelling with irreplaceable items that you would be devastated to lose really isn't a very good idea. Precious things should be left at home.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Paloma153  Yes, that is sad. I have lost things forever by leaving them behind somewhere. Sometimes they get returned, but mostly not.

Don't necessarily be sure the host is being dishonest and just doesn't want to return it, although that is certainly possible. It could have slipped under the bed, or behind a piece of furniture and hasn't been found yet. Or maybe the housecleaner took it.

There's not really much you can do except message the host again, without being blaming, and say you would so much appreciate if they do find it, to please let you know- that it is of great sentimental value to you, and you will cover the cost of mailing it back.

If we attack someone as if they are thieves, when it was our forgetfulness that was the cause, it will make them defensive. If you explain why it means so much to you and say maybe it just slipped behind the furniture and could be found later, even if the host did take it, you at least give her a way to save face and say she just found it, if her conscience leads her to decide to return it.

Travelling with irreplaceable items that you would be devastated to lose really isn't a very good idea. Precious things should be left at home.

Sara, muchas gracias por tu respuesta, tienes toda la razón con todo lo que me dices. Le volveré a escribir. Cuando le escribí la primera vez fui amable y reconocí que fue mi descuido y aún así me dijo que no estaba, pero lo vovleré a intentar.