Ombudsman / who can help

Nicole2337
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Ombudsman / who can help

Hi can anyone help me please. Property was unsafe but as owner will not refund air B and B will not 

We booked a place for 40 days in Dubai. we asked to moved out and get a refund within an hour. Owner says no so air babe b doing nothing . With increased issues moved out 
flooding, electrical problems, not cleaned pool broken. Major restoration ie ceiling being removed in halll ways outside front door. How do I get help for a refund higher than air B and B . 
Messaged then fir weeks and not getting anywhere as owner states no refund. I’m I Uk 

13 Replies 13
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Nicole2337 

I am so sorry to hear your experience.

Yet, I am not clear about your post.

- How many nights you has stay in the listing? 

-Did you read the listing  cancellation policy and guest refund policy before the booking ?

-Did you present the photos or other documents related as your described as above to

Airbnb? 

Nicole2337
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Hi we read cancellation policy.  But booked for 40 days as advertised. Issues 

not cleaned on arrival 

bathroom flooded 

electrical fault so could not use cooker as tripped power when turned on 

pool heater broken have direct message from owner to say working prior to arrival 

hallway outside room restoration ceilings removed so noisy and building site all day 

major building work outside apartment so could not sleep at night 

no tv channels 

Sewage smell. 
all photos sent to sir B and B. They said owner said no refund 

we move out day 10 as could not take anymore and no help. This was the first flight home after PCR tests 

@Nicole2337 ,

Since the listing have a unclean issues during arrival, you should get Airbnb involved  from the beginning, you shouldn’t stay for 10 days.

While guest decide to leave the listing due to some issue, guest is obligate to contact Airbnb Support Help Center , “ Live Chat” with the CS, [ not the Airbnb bot ] that is always someone here to answer ,request the case manager cancel on the host behalf if is the listing is inaccurate and unclean, get back your refund in the first day and relocate you to a new place immediately. 

Meanwhile, yon can try again to contact the Airbnb, to discuss the issue and give you a outcome and investigation the listing. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nicole2337 so, to be clear, you are now in the UK after staying 10 of 40 days in Dubai.

Would the host/airbnb find it suspicious that you didn't leave on first day and find somewhere else to stay? Would they also find it suspicious if your leaving Dubai happened to coincide with Dubai being put on UK red list?

Did you leave a review of the property or is the 40 days not up yet.

We contacted air B and B within an hour. And everyday since. They said the owner  will not refund so no sorry but no refund .

We could not afford to pay out again so went home. 
who do I go to now as this is not right 

Dubai was on the red list before I checked in. We were out for work reasons 

D9ACF0D8-2D07-46B7-A53A-7BD4B74DA751.jpeg

4C01350A-ED28-44A1-84F6-259858D0BDF8.jpeg

@Nicole2337 

Thank you for sharing the photos.

Do contact Airbnb Support Help Center to discusses the issue again.

Yet, you had stayed for 10nights, it has seen fat chance.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Nicole2337 Your pictures are outside the apartment - An area that the host probably has little control over.

I can’t add video o. Here or pictures of electric problems ie could nit use cooker as trips out 

pool heater broken 

video of flooded bathroom 

I’m just asking who I go to after air B& B. 
we could jot cook

Bathroom unsafe as flooded by 6 year olds fell over a number of times 

sewage smell 

pool unuasble 

we moved here having stayed at two previous places contacted air b & b within the hour but was told every day they are dealing with it but have not. 
We cut our work short and moved out as to pay out for another months rent on top of this was not something we could afford.  We were told by air B and B they would deal with this but have not 

please can someone help me . 
I have used air B and B on many occasions and this is the first issue I have had. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Nicole2337  If you had cancelled this booking as soon as you arrived and found the conditions unacceptable, moving somewhere else  and reporting to Airbnb the unlivable conditions, you would have been refunded.

You can't stay somewhere for 10 days and then expect a refund.

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nicole2337 

The rules regardng reporting issues with a listing are written here:

What if i need to cancel because of a problem with the listing or host

It clearly mentions you need to act within 24 hours when discovering a issue.

The Airbnb guest refund policy is here:

Airbnb guest refund policy

Please read the above information carefully and check if you have taken the right steps.

If you did take the right steps, then Airbnb IMO should re-open the case..

It is important to have proper evidence of the issues (photo, video), but also have the communication about the issues available between you and the host.

BTW

A cancelled "long term stay" does not refund the next 30 nights after cancellation (as dictated by the special cancellation policy attached). So the host is not obliged to refund. But Airbnb can decide otherwise and force a host to some refund if issues are severe and correctly reported.

And you can also report the listing to Airbnb (using the report flag)