One low rating cost me a 19 cycle long Super host status

Answered!
Amanda107
Level 2
Pretoria, South Africa

One low rating cost me a 19 cycle long Super host status

Hi,

Please help me understand... The start of the year is always slow. We had three bookings from January to March - until the lockdown started. The one was an extended stay of one month and we do not take more than one guest at a time. Two of the three guests gave us a 5-star rating and one gave us a 3 star. The 3-star, made an instant booking, came in late, left early, and were not the nicest guest we have had. We have been super hosts since the first evaluation we had about 19 cycles ago. Yet one guest, who was in the middle of two 5 star ratings cost us our super host. I feel it is extremely unfair. I cannot understand how our standard could drop from a 5 to a 3 in one day! I feel Airbnb should perhaps look at more than just one cycle before taking away super host status.  

What is your take on this?

Amanda

1 Best Answer
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Amanda107 whilst the Superhost status is awarded quarterly it looks at the data for the previous 12 months. Over this time period do you achieve a 4.8 rating?

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Amanda107 whilst the Superhost status is awarded quarterly it looks at the data for the previous 12 months. Over this time period do you achieve a 4.8 rating?

Hi, thank you for responding @Mike-And-Jane0 . Yes I sure did because I have been a Superhost for the previous 19 evaluations.

Amanda