One night bookings

Answered!
Sarah619
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

One night bookings

Hi

Can anyone help, I know how to set mininum or maxium nights but not how I can set a price higher for bookings that are one night only. I have found one night bookkings do not really pay for the  work involved before and after. I don't want to set a minium stay period but would like to set the price higher to reflect the work involved.

Thanks in anticipation!

Sarah

1 Best Answer
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Sarah619

Your only optiuon ius by using the cleaning fee as it is a per booking charge so the daily rate reduces with longer bookings.

David

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Sarah619

Your only optiuon ius by using the cleaning fee as it is a per booking charge so the daily rate reduces with longer bookings.

David
Sarah619
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

I wondered that; I had hoped to add the cleaning charge onto just one nights but see that it goes onto every booking, however, I did not realise the price reduced the longer the booking so thank you, I will consider it.

Sarah:)

Tracey102
Level 1
Hokitika, New Zealand

Hi Sarah, I agree, I prefer bookings for two nights minimum, but have found that when I set this, I get less bookings. 

I would also like the option to charge more for one nights booking to make it more feasible for the work involved, and to encourage guests to stay another night at least.  I have seen this option on other sites. Perhaps this is something that Air BnB could consider?

@Tracey102 You can sort of do that with the cleaning fee, more expensive per night the shorter you stay.

David
Diane465
Level 2
Lisburn, United Kingdom

I came in to ask same ?      On another site I use I can set one night at a much higher price.  Pity u can't on  airbnb

@Diane465  Add a cleaning fee to your listing and you will then make more on a one night stay. 

Cherike0
Level 2
Beja District, Portugal

We have the same question. The dilemma is that we do not want to charge separate cleaning fee. Although the idea is good it does not realy serve the correct purpose as it might scare people away.

We would rather see that the sight allows us to add an additional fee for one night only. We can do discounts per week or per month, why not discounts for more then a flexible amount of nights ?

This allows for clear communication with our guests instead of "tricking" them into surplus costs.

Cherike0
Level 2
Beja District, Portugal

Sigh = Site of course.

I have given feedback to Airbnb for this issue. Requesting a way to help with this issue. 
I have same problem because I am by a wedding venue. Many one night guests. 

Cj80
Level 1
Mandurah, Australia

I wondered if I was missing a trick,  but see from this post I wasn't. I too would like to set a higher 1 night base rate, or apply the cleaning fee to 1 night guests only. 

BobandNancy0
Level 1
East Haven, CT

My wife and I have the same desire to charge a minimal cleaning fee for one night stays.  Hopefully by joining this conversation I will be notified of any changes being made by Airbnb.

Michele1569
Level 1
New Berlin, WI

Yes, we would like to be able to charge a higher fee for a one night stay. It’s a lot of work for one night, and in our area we get a lot of them.  Why penalize other guests with an inappropriate cleaning fee just to make that happen. Airbnb - step up - we need a more flexible way to set perameters for guests.