One star review

Siobhan103
Level 3
Dunlavin, Ireland

One star review

I've just been left a stinker by a guest. To say he was OTT was an understatement. He told me beforehand it was coming when seeking a refund. I have a strict no refund policy so stood my ground given his refusal to engage with me over minor issues I could have resolved at the time 

12 Replies 12
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry not clear from your post do you have a question ? 

Not a question, no. Just annoyed and disappointed. 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Siobhan103 Surely you should have turned the heating on at a suitable time before their arrival to ensure the place was warm when they arrived.

@Mike-And-Jane0  Some people are not 'warm' unless the temperature is at a very high level, we've had guests where the temp was 86F [in late March!] when they left, and others who continue to say they are cold when the temperature in the apartment is 75F in the winter.  

If I  had to guess, I would say the guest booked your location as a surprise for his wife and she didn't find it to be upscale enough or otherwise didn't like the place and so he wants a refund.

That's exactly what happened I believe. They made up more excuses as they went along 

Siobhan103
Level 3
Dunlavin, Ireland

I did actually. The heating had been on all morning 

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Siobhan103 When it is really cold we have to turn ours on at least a day before as it takes ages to warm up our thick walls.

Siobhan103
Level 3
Dunlavin, Ireland

It had been on the day before too and had the fire set. All he needed to do was let me know the issue and I would have checked the thermostat. As it happened it had accidently been turned down 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Siobhan103   No offense, but what nimrod thinks that "a truly Irish experience...in the heart of a 200-acre working Irish sheep farm"  screams romantic getaway for his wife's 40th birthday?  Your cottage sounds absolutely charming, but you are 100% clear on what it is.  If that man ever gets laid again it will only be because someone takes pity on him.

The fact he couldn't simply get you over there to sort it out, then gave you one star, is tough.  But it will soon be swept aside by other great reviews, so hang in there 🙂

Thank you. Yes I believe she was absolutely horrified and expected a castle instead. We've had fantastic guests who adore our farm and are so well looked after while here. In hindsight I'm glad he left after six hours. Imagine a week of him.... 

Next time @Siobhan103 don't forget to lay on the leprechauns 🍀 😂

😂😂😂😂😂