Ottawa Permit

in
Ottawa, Canada
Level 1

Hi there,

I'm wondering how did you guys go through on getting the Permit in Ottawa to Keep Hosting?.

I submitted a form online and applied via email 3 times yet no answer from anybody. I even went to the business center in ottawa and was told you must do it online.

Any help?

Thanks,

Basel

5 Replies

Re: Ottawa Permit

in
Ottawa, Canada
Level 1

Hey Basel,

I feel your pain with this! I’ve applied/ contacted many times and no response. A friend/ other host suggested going into the bylaw office on industrial Ave. 

Hope you’ve heard a reply! 

in
Ottawa, Canada
Level 2

I think you have to book onsite appointment on-line

in
Ottawa, Canada
Level 2

Hi guys, we received our permit last week.  We sent in our application about 6 weeks ago.  We had an email saying they were working on it about 10 days later.  Early last week we received a message asking for more info.  We provided.  Several days later we got the permit number. We still haven't paid the application fee.  

in
Ottawa, Canada
Level 3

We sent several emails and sent off all of our info, save and except a certificate of insurance as the Airbnb website says that they have provided it on hosts behalf.

The city has given me a permit number but hasn’t actually processed my application or taken my fee.

I’ve heard from other hosts that the City is not in fact accepting AirBnb’s certificate of insurance.

in
Montreal, Canada
Level 1

Hey fellow Ottawans, does any know what is the average time to get a short term rental permit in Ottawa and what would be the fastest way to submit the form (in person or online). Thanks guys!