Our towels in the TRASH

Vicky373
Level 1
Isla Mujeres, MX

Our towels in the TRASH

Some current guests left a huge pile of trash in a common area that is shared with the property owner, among all the beer cans and vodka bottles was one of our new white towels - now filthy and drenched in beer. They had previously asked for clean bath towels as they are staying for a week, to which I said yes. I went to collect the NEW white towels that we had provided and they are covered in black makeup, blood, and a host of other unknown stains. Anyone else dealt with this situation? We provide white towels for cleanliness but they are just being ruined daily. I am worried that our sheets and blankets will be ruined too when they check-out in a few days. Has anyone ever been reimbursed by Airbnb for damages? Still fairly new to hosting! Thanks.

3 Replies 3
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

You can certainly make a claim. Many hosts myself included would say don't use white towels @Vicky373 

Luana130
Level 10
State of Bahia, Brazil

The first four towels I bought were white, after reading some posts of other hosts I started buying dark grey ones. Best colour ever! I tuck away the white towels for emergnecies, I actually had to use one a couple of weeks ago because of a full house, and it got ruined.

Go with dark grey, I haven't lost one yet.

I have made claims before for little things that were broke, and got the money. I had never made a claim for towels and bedding, but I have made one for this guest for the towel and some brand new bedding (first use) that were ruinned. The guest denied, as I had expected, I am waiting for the review period to end to escalte.

Thanks for the reply! I have taken photos and have the receipt to prove that the items were new...such a lack of respect. We are now planning to get everything dyed grey 🙂 I think that’s the only way forward!