Out of the blue, Airbnb sent me a text with a "Pin", Not sure if legit.

Joe-and-Becky0
Level 2
Woodbury, TN

Out of the blue, Airbnb sent me a text with a "Pin", Not sure if legit.

I just received a text from Airbnb with a pin.  Not sure what this is about and not sure if this is legit.

Anyone else get this?  Can't figure out why I would need this if it is legit and why I cannot choose my own pin combination if so.

The exact text:

Airbnb PIN. Never share your code with anyone - Airbnb employees will never ask for it. Your code is...

51 Replies 51

How many folks that are on this thread are being financially impacted by the bug/texts from the Airbnb platform, in regard to the false access texts? I understand most people have unlimited texts, but seeing what this looks like just from our small sample.

From

19 Feb up until a couple of days ago I was receiving one a day. 

Not financially impacted, but sleep deprived.  They are generally arriving at 3am (GMT+8)  here.  

@Alan526  Well, that's not too hard to deal with. Just shut the ringer off on your phone. 

My phone ringer gets turned off when I go to bed and on again when I wake up.

Inquiries and booking request alerts often come through to me at 3AM. Usually some Airbnb weirdness because I'll see the guest sent it at 10PM. But no way I'm answering those in the middle of the night. If a guest is so entitled to expect a response when it's 3 AM my time, they are SO welcome to find another listing to book.

After acknowledging that there were 2 possible outcomes to this:

1. Airbnb fixes the system
2. Airbnb provides reimbursement of cost associated with increased texts

I receive this from the Supervisor:
"So I have brought the matter to my Managers attention and you can leave your thoughts on our feedback section where your the concern goes straight to our developers, while they are working on having this resolved."

It's to the general feedback system (https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback), which goes to the lowest rung pit of 'I don't care', not the devs.

Prime example of customer service run-around, leading to inaction. 

I just got this text today. My question is why hasn’t @Airbnb  responded??