Over the top guest reaction or am I crazy?

Sean433
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

Over the top guest reaction or am I crazy?

QUESTION: Is this an over the top guest reaction to me asking his kids not to play with a soccer ball INSIDE the house? His kids were bouncing a soccer ball all day on Saturday inside the home. His reaction to me is so over the top. e.g using words such as harass. People use that word so freely nowadays without understanding what that word really means.

Meanwhile, we provided him with a free cleaning service during his stay. He asked for free cleaning service but in a fashion that he expected it to be free. 6.JPG

4 Replies 4
Sean433
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

I replied to this by saying that kids can play with toys but it is not permitted to throw balls around inside the home. The way in which he wrote back made it sound like I am crazy but really, who let's their kids throw balls around inside a house and play it off as if their kids are just playing with toys. Am i missing something ?

@Sean433  No, you aren't missing anything. This is one of those parents who seems to think everything their kids do is perfectly fine. Of course throwing or bouncing a soccer ball inside the house is unacceptable, even if there weren't a downstairs tenant. " That's an outside game, kids" is what a responsible parent would say if their kids started doing that.

I might have sent a slightly different message-I'd have left out the part about possible damages and made the message a little more personable. Like "Hi XX, The downstairs tenant is complaining about noise from a ball being bounced around. I know kids will be kids, and glad they are having a good time, but could you please ensure that ball throwing and bouncing is an outside activity? Thanks for your co-operation."

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Wow (rolling eyes) - I don't understand his connection where "Please don't throw balls inside because it is noisy" = "You need to say your place is not suitable for children."

Maia29
Level 10
Anchorage, AK

What kind of parent allows their children to play soccer INSIDE a house?

Especially someone else’s house?

This issue has nothing to do with your unit being kid friendly.