PAYOUT DELAY

Answered!

PAYOUT DELAY

My guest checked in on Sept 24, 2016 and out on Oct 4, 2016 but the payment is still pending. Who do I need to contact to get assistance with this.

1 Best Answer

So on your transaction history page, you click through to the "Future Transactions" tab and is it still listed there vs. being in the "Completed Transactions" tab?  That would be a problem and you need to contact Airbnb. Search for the help guide.  

However if it is in your "Completed Transactions" your payout will be based on the method of payment which could be up to 7 business days and you are only at day 4 now : 

Processing time

After Airbnb releases the payout, it takes some additional time for the money to get to you. The average processing time for each payout method is:

• ACH / Direct deposit: Up to 3 business days
  • Bank transfer or international wire: 3–7 business days
  • PayPal: Within 1 business day
  • Western Union: 1 business day (US Pacific Time)
  • Payoneer Prepaid Debit Card: Within 1 business day

View Best Answer in original post

255 Replies 255
Michele288
Level 1
Portland, OR

Has anyone else noticed that Airbnb is paying out much later than they used to? We used to receive our payout (in our bank account) 1-2 days after check in. Now it's more like a week to 9 days. Suspiciously this started occuring shortly after Airbnb started offering advances on your payout if hosts are willing to pay a 3% charge. Airbnb claims that they make the payout within 24 hours of guest check in and our bank says that it shouldn't take any longer than 24-48 hours for the funds to land in our account. Airbnb estimates that this transaction takes 4-7 business days to go through. I suspect that Airbnb couldn't resist earning even more interest on our money even though they are sitting on it from the time that the booking is made.

I have been dealing with same situation! No payouts since Dec 18th. They owe me over $60,000!! Owners I co-host for want their December payouts and the cleaners want their cleaning fees. I had to pay out of pocket to cleaners cause I didn’t have the payouts. 

Called Airbnb Dec 28th was told “It was released on our end, your bank is holding for holidays. Shows it will be in your account today”. Was not. Called back again Dec 30th. Same story. Nothing was paid out. I messaged them through Airbnb help and they said they will look into it. Then disappear with no answers and no replies. The transactions are still showing in upcoming payouts so I know they weren’t released and they still are holding them. Been on Airbnb for 6 years and never had an issue with my bank and payouts so I know it’s not that. 

Who actually cares for the superhost that give this platform all their business? Why can’t someone respond promptly and without fake promise of payout to get you off phone? Is Airbnb legally even allowed to hold your funds for that long? 

Extremely let down. We aren’t talking $500 this is well over $60,000 and causes a lot of people problems when I can’t pay them.

Get in touch with the Better Business Bureau and start twitting to Airbnb. It worked for me. 

Hi Matt, did you pursue anything through the BBB? Any luck? 

Normelio0
Level 2
Porto Alegre, Brazil

Hello, my payment is delayed due to the airbnb platform, I already sent several emails telling them that they did not send me the payment and always the same automatic response, my payment is in future transactions and my host has left 4 days , I tried to contact you by email several times and always the same answer!

I have had this problem numerous times. Just contact customer service team and let them know your problem. Check payment payout methods, check if they are upto date for this year. 

Yes youhave to keep in them. Go to their twitter account and complain. They usually fix the problem faster. 

Hey ,i also have an issue with delayed payout ever since my client checked out i gave not been paid

Normelio0
Level 2
Porto Alegre, Brazil

I already called twitter early today, but until now they have not resolved, they will contact me but until now I did not get a ready answer

Normelio0
Level 2
Porto Alegre, Brazil

Hello, I would like to say that I love airbnb, but I am a little sad, because they did not solve my problem and as I said the value was not sent, because today was the last day for the value to enter my bank account and airbnb if you want sent the money

I have a similar problem, please advise how to withdraw funds from this prepaid card

Fernando816
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Is anyone experiencing issues with ABnB pay outs?

Its been a few weeks for me, had a few pending pay outs for previous reservations, contacted ABnB and issue was resolved with in 24 hours.  It happened again with the reservation right after and now I'm owed for 3 and no one there is getting back to me. I have spoken to customer service 3 times and they say my case has been sent to the correct dept., that its set to high priority, that they will contact me...etc. Nothing!

Ive been hosting for about a year and payments have always been prompt, I use paypal.  Don't understand whats going on?              

Hi Fernanto,

I just posted the same. 5 guest I have not been paid on.

I too have been a host for almost a year & this has never happened before. Please let me know if you find out anything or the right person to speak to.

Thanks,

Marie

Thandeka0
Level 2
Berea, South Africa

How do we use the prepaid card to withdraw funds 

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Thandeka0 

Have you completed the required exchange4free form so that the bank releases your money.

Click the link for details

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/help/article/2495/do-i-need-to-complete-the-exchange4free-form-that-s-sent-...