PAYOUT DELAY

Answered!

PAYOUT DELAY

My guest checked in on Sept 24, 2016 and out on Oct 4, 2016 but the payment is still pending. Who do I need to contact to get assistance with this.

1 Best Answer

So on your transaction history page, you click through to the "Future Transactions" tab and is it still listed there vs. being in the "Completed Transactions" tab?  That would be a problem and you need to contact Airbnb. Search for the help guide.  

However if it is in your "Completed Transactions" your payout will be based on the method of payment which could be up to 7 business days and you are only at day 4 now : 

Processing time

After Airbnb releases the payout, it takes some additional time for the money to get to you. The average processing time for each payout method is:

• ACH / Direct deposit: Up to 3 business days
  • Bank transfer or international wire: 3–7 business days
  • PayPal: Within 1 business day
  • Western Union: 1 business day (US Pacific Time)
  • Payoneer Prepaid Debit Card: Within 1 business day

View Best Answer in original post

255 Replies 255

Hi Andrea, I have been hosting for about 2 years and 3 times I have had a message from Airbnb saying there is a problem with my bank details (as in I have changed them but all 3 times I haven't , it has just happened again ,so I put in my same bank details 'again" they have done the 3 cent deposit and it has gone through , they say it will take 5 business days , its been over that, I have emailed them saying same as you , I have bills to pay, I am so frustrated and fed up too. Meanwhile they will be making interest on "OUR PAYOUTS" this is not professional that's for sure.

Typical response from Airbnb depending who you get, I doubt they check anything.  They only copy paste form paragraphs that is easiest so they can close the chat and move onto the next one.

Did you end up getting paid eventually?

I have about 10 reservation payouts over the course of the last 2 months that still show 'pending'. Over 11k.  

Should I start sending them certified letters in preparation for a lawsuit?

@Krys174 , Sounds like you didn't read the Airbnb terms of service.  You have no legal right to sue Airbnb, you are only allowed to pay to have a case heard by Arbitration, and unsure if Airbnbs "final decision" clause overrules everything including negligence.

Thanks for the suggestion @Rochelle--And-Martin0  ! 

Opening a twitter account now.  Just did the jabber thing. 

Yeah, insane to run a business like this. 

Pretty much Same here...

2 months worth of payouts.

Over $11k. 'pending'

"we'll get back to you"

"We've escalated this to a supervisor"

"we'll update you as soon as we know something"

~Crickets~

Did you end up getting ir resolved eventually  ?

how?

Any other suggestions? 

Call a Lawyer?

Call the media?

I have the exact same issue so far 3 times not resolved yet.

did you get it resolved. If so, how?!

That's right. they treat us (hosts) as slaves and threat us with penalties when they dont pay us on timely manner.  I'm going to a similar situation with a guest but they always send the send canned language about the extra days to process payments.  I'm still waiting to get pay or I may have to cancel this reservation.  This is ridiculous, they charge guests way in advance and keep the money in high yield money markets so they can even make more money with the interests.  Unbelievable...!   

The problem we are all talking about is Airbnb not releasing the payout even though the reservation appears as a completed transaction. I never got a payout email and no $. This is the only time in 6 months it has happened but is has NEVER happened in 3 1/2 years with a more established site. 

Hi Cathy,

I am also experiencing the same problem. My payment has been delayed by two days now and Airbnb is not relaeasing payment although the reservations appear as completed transaction. This is  really unacceptable and Airbnb does care to give an explanation. I don't know how long we have to wait before we get paid.,..

Mae2
Level 1
Tagaytay, Philippines

I myself is experiencing some delays. My guest book last Nov 13 and he send me the confiramtion of payment  and guest will arrive on Dec 26. I am incline to decline and accept the guest if payment hasnt been reflected on my account before the guest arrives

its not the guest it is airbnb refusing to payout the money they have for the booking the guest has paid 

Not sure what to do I cant get any clear answer from airbnb. 

I hope you get your payout

Complain on twitter

Airbnb should pay you 24 hr. AFTER the guest checkec in not before. However hosts like me did not recieve their payout 

even after the check in. sad.

Brenda129
Level 2
Cabanatuan City, Philippines

Hello Ms. Mae.  I have the same problem, I have not yet received my payment with airbnb.  Guest checked-in on May 22, 2017, airbnb declared that it had already released the payment, but no such payment was released up to this date.  May I know what happen to your case?  Did airbnb release payment in your favor? 

Were you ever able to get your payouts? What did you have to do to get it done?