PLEASE Listen to Hosts and Put the Reviews Back in Order

PLEASE Listen to Hosts and Put the Reviews Back in Order

Every posting that has been written about this subject I have voted thumbs-up on. I disliked the order that the reviews are now.  As a host, it is nice to have the last review to read.  It helps guests determine how often guests are staying at a particular place.  Since we sometimes have long term guests our last review is months old.  Now that our last 2 guests have been outside the USA both of those reviews are bumped back to page 8.  REALLY!  Since these guests were not from the USA they get put back to page 8 instead of #1.  We are all advised by Airbnb not to discriminate.  Then why in the world would you do that to guest’s reviews that are not from the same country???

As a Guest, I like to see the most recent or better yet offer an OPTIONS box to view as you wish just as you have on your Community page. This would make everyone happy.

Please change this as it is hurting business not only for host but for Airbnb as a company.

12 Replies 12
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Robert-And-Nancy0

You have more chance of Airbnb monitors gaging this and counting thumbs up if you post this in Host Voice.

On your dashboard hover over Discuss and choose Host Voice.

I agree this is truly a non-productive review situation and doesn't really help at all, and I've posted on Host Voice myself and given thumbs up to other such suggestions. I believe they will eventually see the light.... 

@Andrea9 do you know whether this is a glitch in the system or airbnb is doing it on purpose to not put listing reviews in order?

@Farah1 on purpose 😞

@Branka-and-Silvia0 do you by any chance know why? I cannot comprehend what is a *good* reason behind it...

@Farah1 because obviously some ABB-management-kid  woke up one morning with this idea and thought it would be great to implement it on the site (the same answer covers many other changes too)

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Farah1 Hi,

There's too much system in the madness to be a mere glitch. I'm sure somebody seemed to have felt that it's a great idea having reviews shown first according to the language and/or country the viewer is from, no matter what year they were from...

Example:

Me a host from the Netherlands (NL) using the English language site.

I see first the few reviews in ENG. by guests from my country who stayed several years ago 

(this even includes a  couple of guests who when they stayed were from another country, but now live here while those reviews in Dutch from NL or Belgium or even one from somebody living in Germany are stuck at the back somewhere.)

Second in line are the English language reviews in chronological order. These then followed by foreign languages in possibly an alphabetical order...

Now, when I choose the Dutch language site I first get the reviews from the Netherlands in Dutch, then a Dutch review from somebody living in Germany, then the Dutch (Flemish) reviews from Belgium....  and then the ENG reviews, etc.

On the German site it's reviews in German first (I have a lot!), and then finally on page 4 the recent ENG reviews etc.

But in their little language segments they are in perfect chronological order.

Hope this makes sense...

Hilarious in a way, really

ah I see, thank you for explaining @Andrea9

What about for us, host? What is the *algorithm* on which review we see first on our own listing?

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

What I explained above @Farah1 is from how I (host) see my reviews according to the language page I choose.

I suppose it would be similar for the guest, depending on their country and language.

I don't know much about algorithms except that they determine our online life and sometimes hold us hostage there... so can't give you any specs there.

@Farah1 you will see reviews from guests who lives in your country on the top

@Andrea9   Thank you.  Moved it.  I thought I had posted it in Host Voice but must have hit the wrong one.  It is probably just a rant I needed to get off my chest but when two good reviews are placed on page eight, I get mad.  I know it won't change but at least my next guest is from the USA and should be on page one.

Nancy and Bob

I totally agree with those who are against this. I am in USA.  I received a request from someone in Britain who was concerned that my last review was in 2016!  I called airbnb and found that this was the last British person that stayed in my apartment. How absurd.  What if someone from Argentina looks at my apartment and sees that the last review was in 2015, when someone from their country stayed here?  Makes it look like you have very few guests.  Also, when I am looking for a place, I want to see ALL the reviews, not just those by Americans.  Am I supposed to trust them more? In a way, this is discrimatory!  I hope it can go back to the way it was.  I will have to look again and see how to comment on this.  Thanks.

Stephanie359
Level 2
Greensboro, NC

the  last review does not show up on my page from Joy in Front Royal , Virginia, the one I posted a review for her shows up on her page but not mine?? why is this?? , I spoke with Airbnb and was told she had posted a 5 star review and they said it would be posted. I want that review to show up on my page as well..Please repair the glitz you have in your system, I have to have that last review so people can see it, how do you expect  for other people to book if all reviews do not show up! Please correct this problem, Stephanie