PROCESSING PAYMENT FOR UPCOMING RENTAL

Matthew1388
Level 1
Philadelphia, PA

PROCESSING PAYMENT FOR UPCOMING RENTAL

I live in Philadelphia and am renting a place in South Lake Tahoe, CA from August 29, 2021 to Friday September 3rd, 2021.  I paid $693 on May 17, 2021, and the other payment of $612 was supposed to be charged on August 16, 2021.  The 2nd payment has not been charged, and every time I try to manually process the payment, I receive an error message stating that Airbnb was undergoing maintenance.  I have been in contact with customer service for AN ENTIRE WEEK trying to resolve this, so no avail.  I keep getting transferred to someone else, or told that someone will call me, or to follow the directions which were messaged to me.  NOTHING HAS WORKED AND NO ONE HAS HELPED ME!!!!!!   After, calling back TODAY AUGUST 23, 2021, I was now told that the first payment i made was reversed on their end, BUT I NEVER GOT ANY MONEY BACK!!!!    I AM INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATED WITH THIS ENEPT CUSTOMER SERVICE WHO HAS DONE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HELP ME EXCEPT PASS THE CASE TO SOMONE ELSE.    ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Matthew1388 

Is there still a confirmed reservation active ?

If so, why would Airbnb have reversed the first payment ?

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Matthew1388 Have you contacted the host to see if they still have your reservation? They may be able to help kick Airbnb into action or might confirm the booking was cancelled by Airbnb.

Basha0
Level 10
Penngrove, CA

I hope you are aware of how smokey it is in Lake Tahoe right now and is very unhealthy air. Maybe you don’t want to be there